Shout Out To Quiet

chuck_35550

The bars are quite hard even with just a few days cure. It moved real fast on me when I added the fo and barely made it into the mold. I (as usual) overdid the sb even though it emulsified in a short period of time. The bar is a little slimy in the shower (reminds me of castile) but I think this is due to not waiting a couple of weeks for cure. It leaves your skin so silky.....I must be the only man with soft skin in the area.

• 2 years later...

I ran it thru soapcalc and the bubbles and creaminess properties are low but the conditioning is high. It looks to me to be a very high oleic soap like a castile/bastile. I like how the CO and PKO are split. Thats what I started doing and it cuts way down on the itch/dry factor of the CO.

I've never used safflower oil before. In this recipe its 25% of the oils (same as the OO). Seems like everyone who made it likes it. I may give it a try.

Edited by Candybee

Wal-Mart carries the Safflower oil cheaply.

I ran it thru soapcalc and the bubbles and creaminess properties are low but the conditioning is high. It looks to me to be a very high oleic soap like a castile/bastile. I like how the CO and PKO are split. Thats what I started doing and it cuts way down on the itch/dry factor of the CO.

I've never used safflower oil before. In this recipe its 25% of the oils (same as the OO). Seems like everyone who made it likes it. I may give it a try.