Leaving candles in the car?

Georgia

I have 2 back-to-back shows this weekend. Weather channel says the overnight low Saturday night will be 45*. Do you think I have to unload the candles Saturday night or will they be OK? Preferred temperature of a refrigerator is 35 to 38*...It will be chilly, but not refrigerator cold.

I would think that they would be ok because they will not freeze. I know a couple of years ago someone had left candles in their car and they froze the wax swelled up over the wicks making them junk.

They only thing I would be concerned with is the condensation that may develop on them from coming in out of the cold.

I do it all the time. Right now my candles are packed in the trunk of my car ready for my show tomorrow. The temps are going to drop into the mid 30's overnight out here.

The only problem I had was when I was using a parasoy blend that shrunk slightly in the cold. Then I had about 1-2 candles that rattled in their jars because they had shrunk away from the glass. That was resolved with a heat gun or a warm day.

Edited by Candybee

I do a lit of Jelly Jar candles with the 2 piece lids. The only thing I've noticed is once I bring them indoors and they start warming up the lids make a popping sound ... my booth neighbors go crazy trying to figure out where the sound is coming from :laugh2: .