Question about storing tarts

megandgarr

That is good to know, thanks. Well, as you know this is a hobby for me (I believe for you too) and it has become quite the expensive hobby. I cant seem to stop trying FO's. So I finally decided to narrow it down to my top 10-15 FO's and just make those in either tarts or candles and I ordered the 1 lb bottle so I could have plenty. I may just use the other 190+ FO's that I have straight in the warmer or maybe even try to list them in the classifieds. Anywho... I narrowed it down to my top scents and I am also trying to choose only a few suppliers to cut shipping costs. These are my top (in no specific order):

Cranberry Orange Spice - JS

Grandma's Kitchen - CMS (smells like Leaves from BBW)

Orange Danish - CMS (this is awesome)

Honey Gingerbread - BW

Frosted Pumpkin - JS

Spruce Christmas Tree - Peaks

Mulled Cider - Alabaster

Dickens Christmas - Alabaster

Country Spice - CMS

Cinnamon Buns - Alabaster

Gingerbread & Spice - MMS

I still want to find a really good Caramel Apple that smells like Bath & Body Works but so far no luck. I am most excited about the Gingerbread & Spice from MMS. I had been testing about every gingerbread out there to find the one like Gold Canyon's and this is finally it. Now if only I could find a Pumpkin Pie like Pure Integrity's I would be all set!!!!

Think I know all too well what you mean, it sure gets expensive! I also need to cut back on the list of scents, but I always end up adding "just one more because it's sooo good", and all my good intentions go to the wind.

Let's face it, we're addicted to FOs - but it's an addiction I can live with:cheesy2:

Think I know all too well what you mean, it sure gets expensive! I also need to cut back on the list of scents, but I always end up adding "just one more because it's sooo good", and all my good intentions go to the wind.

Let's face it, we're addicted to FOs - but it's an addiction I can live with:cheesy2:

Hey Raven! Just finished pouring Christmas Splendor from Just Scents and Rocky Mountain Memories from AH/RE. They are AWESOME!!

I do the same thing. I keep telling myself no more scents, then I get on this board and add to my collection.. ha ha... In fact, I think I need to add a couple more "staple" scents to my list of favorites. I am going to try a couple of different apple pie FO's that I have, and I also have the cinnamon caramel latte (JS) on order that I will put to wax when it arrives. That seems to be a hit with folks on this board.

I also sent my favorite pumpkin candle to a supplier to see if they could duplicate the scent. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

See the list could go on and on....

Can tarts be stored in large glass containers (w/lids) or will this leech the smell? I bought several large glass containers and have each scent in its own glass jar but was wondering if they will lose their smell this way?

thanks,

I store mine in large glass containers with a metal lid that I bought at the 99c store. They are HUGE and bought the last 10 that were left. If you have a 99c store in your area they are with the small containers we use for candles and also they have apothacary jars. (sorry for the misspell!) Hope that helps!

Hi Kris,

Also, Grandma's Kitchen from Cierra's and The Candle Source smell just likes Leaves from BBW (to my nose) as does Hillbilly Homebrew from Natures Garden. The Cornucopia FO from Peaks is close but there is something just a little different in that one (although still a great scent). Hope that helps!