Why choose handmade?

Loulougirl

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wanted to ask everyone their thoughts on the subject. :)

I've been making soap only a short while, compared to some here.. I give it away all the time! lol I gave some to a co-worker, and he said he uses Dove or Dial usually, and what's the difference? Why buy handmade soaps?

Even tho I make the stuff, and LOVE it, I had a hard time answering him!

I told him how it's more gentle, fresh ingredients, no fillers, and such, but beyond that I was at a loss for words. lol

So tell me, when people ask you why, what do you say?

A whole lot of reasons.

No horrid chemicals, made with love, money going to an individual rather then a large corporate enterprise, individual, lots of individually "good ingredients". Supporting local business.

There is of course lots more reasons, but these are just off the top of my head.

shop bought soap gives my son instant eczema where as the soap we make does not plus it feels so much nicer and I don't like the smell of shop bought soap. That is how I personally feel about handmade soap. I don't sell it...yet

Edited by Tribalvixen

tell them... our soap retains all the natural glycerin, and we have control over everything that goes into it! A store bought bar of soap can say it contains "shea butter" but may just have a tiny trace... our soaps use all the best ingredients because we care!

tell them... our soap is handmade in small batches with love, beautiful and fun to use, and they are supporting local business! Money spent with you goes back into the local economy... money spent with dovegoes to... dove!

I simply cannot use commercial soap any longer. About a year ago I tried washing with a bar of Dove and felt so icky I had to go back and take another shower with my own soap.

Handmade soap cleans, moisturizes, and conditions your skin. Commercial soaps dry your skin, leave it feeling tight, itchy, flaky, and top that off with a chemical residue left on your skin.