Kid's Day

NaturallyTru

Saturday from 1-6, I will be at one of the consignments shops holding a Kid's soy candle making day. I have 4oz and 8oz jelly jars. I will wick them ahead of time. They get to pick their scent and color and decorate their label. I am doing this so they can make gifts for their mom, etc. They must have a responsible adult or teen with them. If all goes well, I hope to expand on this idea next year.

Trudi

I did that at one of my consignment shops, too. It was a lot of fun and people really enjoyed it. I had kids and adults. I'm doing it again in December in time for the holidays. Be forewarned...people tend to overfill their jars. I only offered the 4 ounce jars so the wax would set up sooner for them to take them with them.

Have fun at your event!

Edited by deb426

Be forewarned...people tend to overfill their jars.

Yea, I was thinking about that a few days ago. I'm going to try and make sure they understand at what point to stop pouring. With kids I'm hoping either myself or the RAs will be able to supervise better. I'm not expecting a really busy time at this place.

Trudi