Difference between body splash base and perfume base?

Darbla

Can a body splash base be used the same way as perfumer's alcohol? I realize they are not exactly the same, but since both are made to use as a scent medium on your skin I can't see where they're that much different either. Seems like how you use them would mostly be a matter of FO percentage?

I know snowdrift farms has a thing that tells you the FO % for different things like body splash, eau de toilette, perfume. Basically you're right, the difference can just be the FO amount. I use cyclo for my perfume spray, but make my own body spray with preserved distilled water, eo/fo modifier, glycerin, and FO. This makes a nice clear spray. The way I look at it is, it's a body mist, something to spray over your whole body so it doesn't have to be as strong as the perfume. Does help with the whole "layering" thing!

Is there a limit that the base will accept? If there is, than you might have a problem getting your FO to emulsify... So say if there's enough poly in the base to support say 2% FO, you might have trouble upping it to 25% or whatever you want your perfume level to be. Does that make sense?