Gelluminations aka Midwest Candle Supply

I found this site and saw post from Sept 2010 from several candle makers as me who have gotten ripped off by Lisa Moeller and her businesses. I was a customer of hers for (4) years and never had a problems until this past July when I made an order. I paid for 18 sets of a product and got sent (9) and never got the remaining amount or my money back. She never returned my calls or emails. I called her husbands business, a Marina and a girl named Michelle remembered my order and said that Lisa would make things right, well she never did. How on earth can she keep stealing from people and get away with it? I figured she owes me about $60.00+. I went to the Better Business Bureau, but she lied to them. which they knew she was. So how many people has she ripped off by now? and can't she be stopped? I wonder if she is changing the business name to avoid taxes, just a thought. Has anyone been able to get a solution to their misfortune with Midwest Candle Supply aka Gellumination, aka Creativeillumination?:angry2:

Edited by marie1010
spelling

I don't know what is up with the company.

I ordered from the in january, what I received was a fragrance that worked perfectly in my wax. I reordered the same product in August. What was sent was something that smelled TOTALLY different and the lablel and bottle is totally different. I emailed about it but got no response.

It seems like a totally different company.

I don't understand either, I placed a order for wax on 11-1, I had e-mailed & called them with no replies, I just got a tracking # yesterday and my wax is being shipped from Ohio not IA , where i thought they were located. I really gotton nervous when I read all the reviews on here & getting no replies from them, But my wax is on the way. PHEW!!!!

Hi All!!!!!

I also placed an order on 11-1 for 2 cases of wax but have yet to get any email with a tacking number. I have tried to email twice and call the listed phone number but the voicemail box was full. I really hope I didn't get screwed on this one. I will give it a couple of more days before I take any action.

Jeff

I used to order wax from them occasionally in the past and once since the name change. I NEVER have received a tracking number. Once I caught someone on the phone and was able to get one, but that was it. I always got the product, but since I always ordered at least 200 lbs. of wax, I needed to know when it would be here so they didn't leave it on my front doorstep, and I could get them to do the lifting to the right storage area. I seriously doubt I will ever use them again with all the c**p that goes on there, sale or no sale. (That's another thing...having a sale every week/other week when the regular price climbs every month/other month is shoddy). There are just too many other reputable suppliers out there. If I want to play roulette, I'll go to Vegas!:tiptoe:

Jeff I hope all goes good for you. I think they are just slow & their customer service sucks, they are located in Hamilton Ohio (weird so is the Candlemaker store) not IA. give it a day or 2 & see what happens, I called discovered & they told me that if I didnt get my order in 30days they would credit my account and try to contact them theirselves. I JUST HOPE U GET UR WAX. Please let me know.

Keep in mind that the BBB is pro corporation and anti-consumer. When the BBB says the company made a reasonable offer to resolve and the consumer refused to accept, you need more information to decide if you agree with that.

Some of you may be aware of the heavy criticism at the national level of the BBB. The national has been on a heavy campaign against attorneys who hold companies accountable for their actions. They have also been heavy in support of offshore jobs and outsourcing.

I've always thought of the BBB as a corporate shill, not a valid consumer complaint process.

The order I placed with Midwest on Saturday is on it's way. I received an email confirmation this morning that the package was scanned at the USPS office in Cincinnati, OH. Being in PA, I should have it by Thursday. *fingers crossed*

When did you place your order? I am starting to get a little nervous because I haven't gotten anything from them yet. You can forget trying to contact them. The bad part is I am starting to get low on wax and if I can't find out anything about this order I am going to have to spend even more to replenish my supply of wax.

Jeff

Keep in mind that the BBB is pro corporation and anti-consumer. When the BBB says the company made a reasonable offer to resolve and the consumer refused to accept, you need more information to decide if you agree with that.

Some of you may be aware of the heavy criticism at the national level of the BBB. The national has been on a heavy campaign against attorneys who hold companies accountable for their actions. They have also been heavy in support of offshore jobs and outsourcing.

I've always thought of the BBB as a corporate shill, not a valid consumer complaint process.

Wow, that makes me think that the low "scores" the BBB gave the Gelluminations under its various guises are under-representing the problem!

It's a gamble with them. They really burned me bad this past spring by not sending my whole order and taking almost three months to send me the rest, only after I filed complaints with the BBB and Paypal. Never received one reply from my many emails and never received an apology or explanation.

I don't like to gamble with my money when placing orders for supplies.

I have a friend who got them to answer the phone as she was leaving a message - because her message was that she wanted to talk to them about placing a huge order for oils.

it was a ploy, on her part. and quite obvious that they were there screening their calls because I'd called a few moments before and left a message asking where my missing oils were... (partial shipment received).

You know...I'm not trying to start anything here, really I'm not, but I just don't understand why people continue to buy from this company. I don't care how good their sales are...why would anyone buy anything from anyone without knowing who they are dealing with, whether this company is still owned by the original owners or not, whether they are in Iowa or Ohio, and can never reach them? There have been so many problems with orders with apparently no recourse whatsoever. If you do get a response to an email, it appears to be rather rude, whether it was Gelluminations(past threads) or Midwest.

When you have no idea who you're dealing with, can't get in touch with them, etc. - why deal with them? There are many threads on here about this company - whoever they are - and it's 99% negative. Especially in this economy, and with the price of everything going up, why take a chance on wasting your money? I just don't understand...:tiptoe:

I only had 1 dealing with Gelluminations and it was terrible. I plugged informaiton into the site to get a discount - and it did not process. I e-mailed and called many times with no reply. When I finally got my supplies they sent the wrong thing. Once again I tried to reach them several times and never got a response. I reported them to the BBB and left the issue as unresolved. I also asked them to please ensure that Midwest Candle Supply was also listed. The owner of Gelluminations tried to Gelluminations was going out of business, but I sent several documents to the BBB to show them that the companies were merging. This was my 1st ever candle supply purchase and it was a serious bummer. Heidi

I used them quite a bit when I first got started cause they are about 2hrs away I was able to go and pick up wax to save on shipping, after the years the Customer service has gone down and the communication level is low. I have stopped buying from them because like others have said its a gamble, I can understand if there was a family emergency or something but this has been going on for years now and I dont understand how people like this can stay in business. Good luck to all of you that are using them, and I hope you get your order in full or money back if its something out of there control

Well, here it goes, the wax arrived today. I ordered 2 cases of 4630 and got 2 cases of 4627. Honestly, I should be upset that they sent the wrong wax but I'm just glad I got it after everything I have read. Looks like I am keeping it even though it is a mess to work with. Does anyone know the best way to scoop this wax out besides using an ice cream scoop? This wax is great and the only reason I switched to 4630 is that it is easier to work with.

Jeff

I'm imagining this company is something thought up and run by the Clampetts.

I can just see it now.

Jed would be the guy in charge of personnel and complaints.

Jethro would be in charge of marketing.

Granny in charge of shipping.

Elley May in charge of the internet and phone orders.

Mr. Drysdale, of course, in charge of incoming orders and bankroll.

Ms. Hathaway would be the front person for the company, you know, that friendly face that everyone recognizes.

Cousin Pearl would be in charge of purchasing.

The dog Duke would be in charge of FO's.

Edited by EricofAZ

• 3 months later...

I wish I would have read this sooner. I placed my 2nd order ever with them on feb 5th for 10# of aroma beads and have not received them yet. I sent them an email a few days ago with my paypal transaction #(since I never received an e-mail from them with an order #) and they replied Monday to say they cant look my order # up with the paypal info?? I have a website too and I have no problems doing that with orders. Well I just disputed with paypal to get it resolved ..wish me luck.