Painting tarts/melts?

candlesncats

Did a search but did not come up with anything. My question is what kind of paint would be ok to use on tarts. I got a silicone mold for a snowman and wanted to paint the carrot nose, etc. , but was worried about when the paint melts with the wax it could cause a stink or worse. Anybody have any experience with this? Just wanting to know what to test with. Thanks!:cheesy2:

I paint my tarts and candles all of the time...For my snowmen I just use acrylic paints for nose, eyes and mouth and I use a cheap pink blusher for the cheeks

For more detail I use wax crayons and I also have a pallet that I wish I could remember where I got it that has rub on paints for smaller jobs.

I paint my tarts and candles all of the time...For my snowmen I just use acrylic paints for nose, eyes and mouth and I use a cheap pink blusher for the cheeks

For more detail I use wax crayons and I also have a pallet that I wish I could remember where I got it that has rub on paints for smaller jobs.

Ann Marie, I had thought about painting on my tarts also but did not want to invest in candle paint. I did not realize you could use acrylic paint on candles! I thought it would affect the wax and fo. Thanks so much for telling me because I have painted for years and decided to start making candles. So I have TONS of acrylic paint. Thanks for the info! :yay: