Newbie to Votive Candles Need TIPS

If you are pouring your votives directly into the container in which they will be burned, then the 464 should do quite well. I use C3 in the little 2 oz. Italian glass votives that I sell and it works very well.

However, if you are making loose votives (in votive molds), then PB is a better solution. 464 is too soft for this application, even with added CO.

As for what wicks to use, you will have to test to find out what works best for you with the wax, additives, FOs, etc. that you use. I use CD 6-7 for PB votives, if that helps.

The rule of thumb is use a votive or pillar wax for molded candles. For container candles, use a container blend for best results. HTH :)

Edited by Stella1952

• 2 weeks later...

because when most of us hear votive we think of a votive mold, like these: http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Votive-Mold--Standard-15-Hour__M1020.aspx

and 464 is too soft for that kind of use. PS is a pillar blend, its harder- stiffer. Its still soy wax, but its meant for use in a mold, it works best for tarts too. 464 wont release from a mold the way PB will, PB slightly shrinks so it "pulls" away from the walls of the mold and pops right out.

• 3 weeks later...

See post#4 above. The gist of the replies say that when pouring directly into a small votive container, use container blend wax. When making loose, molded votives, use a pillar blend. The reasons behind choosing a pillar formula or container formula wax are outlined in post #6. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK! so my shipment of tumbler glasses and Votives have arrived.. Im going to use a ecosoya 135 and a 464 blend for the votives. I was wondering i know people wash there tumblers and votives and then heat them in the oven for a bit.. However im pouring directly into the glass and was planning on doing so at 145 degrees.. If anybody has any input on past experience with what i just said please let me know! thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

Ok so is there any tips for pouring directly into tumblers before i begin? so far heating glass ( to eliminate wetspots) washing them out (common sense) im going to be testing with wicking and was wondering if theres anything else i should keep it mind.