CS Very Vanilla

Dana

Ok, I went ahead and bought 5lbs. of Very Vanilla from CS hoping it will smell like Berts Vanilla Latte.....I should get it later today, but wanted to know if anyone uses this and could give me a heads up about the burn (wick up?) and the HT. There are mixed reviews about this one on the website, but I needed a Vanilla quick and it had 3 leaves for the soy rating. What are your reviews about this one?

Ok, I went ahead and bought 5lbs. of Very Vanilla from CS hoping it will smell like Berts Vanilla Latte

Very Vanilla is a sweet vanilla -- there's NO coffee in it. I used to carry Bert's Vanilla Latte and it's nowhere close to Very Vanilla, so it looks like you may want to try your hand at blending ;-)

i also have both..and they do not smell the same..

V V is just that...V L..has a distinctive Coffee smell..

but they are both good..:)

if you have some of bert Columbian Coffee..it is a good mixer..

I have mixed it with vanillas to get the coffee scent, and it does very well..

• 1 year later...

When I made CS Very Vanilla in 6006 with 51 zinc wick in jj and 6% FO load, I could not smell a thing! I could smell all my other candles pretty good, but not the Very Vanilla. That was 10 months ago. Every now and then I would smell those Very Vanilla candles, hoping they had cured enough to have some CT/HT, and not smell anything. But, miraculously, today I am burning 2 of those jjs on my mantle in a 350 square foot room with vaulted ceiling and I am loving this FO!!! Amazing! Sure, I would like them a bit stronger, but they are still awesome. I am so shocked. I thought CS Very Vanilla was a dud.

On the CS site, if you look, there is a certain time frame, where the reviews for VV were not all that great, but before that, and after it, they are. Im wondering if they got a batch from their supplier that wasn't up to usual standards. I know I have a 5 lb bottle in there , have about half of it left , and as for a Vanilla? I have absolutely no need to look further. As some of the other posters said, "its my best selling vanilla for years running". Also as the other poster said. Don't go OOB on this one ( although thats pretty darn good) but when you hit it with wax, it morphs, mingles and just blooms like crazy. Love it Love it Love it!

On the CS site, if you look, there is a certain time frame, where the reviews for VV were not all that great, but before that, and after it, they are. Im wondering if they got a batch from their supplier that wasn't up to usual standards. I know I have a 5 lb bottle in there , have about half of it left , and as for a Vanilla? I have absolutely no need to look further. As some of the other posters said, "its my best selling vanilla for years running". Also as the other poster said. Don't go OOB on this one ( although thats pretty darn good) but when you hit it with wax, it morphs, mingles and just blooms like crazy. Love it Love it Love it!

Thanks! I'm glad to know their problems with Very Vanilla are over. I'll order more with confidence! :)

I'm not a gung ho vanilla person but had to give it a try after many rave reviews and requests for it. I put it in paraffin pillars and votives and have to say WOW! While testing, I had a pillar on the front screened porch (ocean side) and could smell it clear to the back of the house where there is a creek breeze. The CT was also strong. I could detect the scent when coming up the steps.

That reminds me--must get more.

I poured it last night just for a dipped toilet paper( and had a lil wax left over for a pack of melts ). It was so strong it overrode the 4 other scents I'd done and I had to close the workshop off in order to keep going in there and standing in front of it and just breathing. I know that sounds crazy, but if you've tried the stuff , and like Jackbenimble said, I hate vanilla, this stuff is crazy good. Hey Jack lol if your full bottle isn't the same as the sample.. I'd almost be willing to send you some if you tell me where you got those cupcake molds LOL

Hey Jack lol if your full bottle isn't the same as the sample.. I'd almost be willing to send you some if you tell me where you got those cupcake molds LOL

I'll let you know about the VV FO thanks for thinking of me. As for the cupcake molds I got them off of the classies here. 9 of them. I couldn't pass them up:-)

You know we should go over to CS website and the people that have had good experiences with it write a short review or even if you didn't like it write one. Just a thought :-)

I'll let you know about the VV FO thanks for thinking of me. As for the cupcake molds I got them off of the classies here. 9 of them. I couldn't pass them up:-)

You know we should go over to CS website and the people that have had good experiences with it write a short review or even if you didn't like it write one. Just a thought :-)

Something really strange about CS...a couple of the FO's I ordered last time weren't that great and CS only posted the positive reviews I posted on the FO's that I loved and none of the reviews that stated I wasn't too happy with the FO's..I even tried posting it twice and still not on the site...ODD.

CS responded to my recent video I did on some of their FO's.

Paul, this is really great, thanks for sharing your input! Just wanted to mention with the Very Vanilla fragrance that it is very important to add to your wax at 185 degrees. If the wax is not hot enough the fragrance will settle out of the wax and have a poor hot throw.

Edited by jackbenimble

CS responded to my recent video I did on some of their FO's.

Paul, this is really great, thanks for sharing your input! Just wanted to mention with the Very Vanilla fragrance that it is very important to add to your wax at 185 degrees. If the wax is not hot enough the fragrance will settle out of the wax and have a poor hot throw.

Hmmm good to know, I wonder if that's the same for all their vanilla based FO's? like Cedarwood Vanilla & Driftwood?

Paul, I wonder if they are referring to putting it in soy at 185 because I've never put ANY fo in at 185 in my 4794 , most of mine go in at 170 and a few at 175. All I can say in reply to their comment about 185 is .... I have made VV about 10 times in the past year, never once got it near that hot, and I have never had anything but THE MOST AMAZING CT and HT ever. Seriously, it will literally override 5 other scents sitting out in the open curing(solidifying) that were made within hours. ... Hmmm I might call Heather in the morning and ask if they meant it across the board , or in soy. Interesting.

Edit : Oh yeah, I've never had an issue with the other two either.

Edited by blacktieaffair

Paul, I wonder if they are referring to putting it in soy at 185 because I've never put ANY fo in at 185 in my 4794 , most of mine go in at 170 and a few at 175. All I can say in reply to their comment about 185 is .... I have made VV about 10 times in the past year, never once got it near that hot, and I have never had anything but THE MOST AMAZING CT and HT ever. Seriously, it will literally override 5 other scents sitting out in the open curing(solidifying) that were made within hours. ... Hmmm I might call Heather in the morning and ask if they meant it across the board , or in soy. Interesting.

Edit : Oh yeah, I've never had an issue with the other two either.

I think many paraffin candle makers add their FO at 180, or 185, and even higher for some heavy FOs. I knew a candle shop owner who always added FO at 200 for light oils, and even higher for medium and heavy. From what I've read, 180 is supposed to be the ideal temp for adding FOs, if you believe the guy who did the testing, but then I've been told 185 works better, especially for vanillas. I've been using 185 in 4627 and it works well for me, even though I was told to add FO at between 185 and 195 for that wax. I've heard that if you go too high, you can burn off your fragrance, but I don't think I believe that because when I added FO in 6006 at 200 and above, they were super strong. Of course, I haven't done side-by-side tests on different temps.

Edited by HorsescentS

O Yeah ! I found out the hard way on three FOs if I dont go up to 180, I eventually get that "oily" seepage. Thankfully it was just melts, no direct flame, and I caught it before any of those particular ones were sold. Weird , now that I think about it, all three were from one supplier (but I guess that's good cause its easy for me to remember which three to ramp up! ), but none of them had vanilla in them. Guess I'll go run a pound and add at 185 and see what happens in a couple of days. Would be good to have the side by side like you mentioned.

O Yeah ! I found out the hard way on three FOs if I dont go up to 180, I eventually get that "oily" seepage. Thankfully it was just melts, no direct flame, and I caught it before any of those particular ones were sold. Weird , now that I think about it, all three were from one supplier (but I guess that's good cause its easy for me to remember which three to ramp up! ), but none of them had vanilla in them. Guess I'll go run a pound and add at 185 and see what happens in a couple of days. Would be good to have the side by side like you mentioned.

I heard some supplier's oils are much heavier, like Chemessence.