CandleScience will no longer carry Palm waxes

Hi all, I too have been disappointed, yet understanding with the CandleScience situation. I have been searching trying to find another supplier. Candlewic has it for $62.15/55 lb. case. It ships from PA.

Candlewic is a viable supplier, but I just want to note that they carry palm waxes from a different manufacturer.

If you've been getting your palm waxes from CandleScience, you can continue to get the same Sumi Asih products from other suppliers as long as IGI continues to import them.

Candlewic is a viable supplier, but I just want to note that they carry palm waxes from a different manufacturer.

If you've been getting your palm waxes from CandleScience, you can continue to get the same Sumi Asih products from other suppliers as long as IGI continues to import them.

Thank you! I had no clue. I decided to go with Aztec because even though they are a little more expensive, the shipping is cheaper because they are closer, so it balances out.

Hi all, I too have been disappointed, yet understanding with the CandleScience situation. I have been searching trying to find another supplier. Candlewic has it for $62.15/55 lb. case. It ships from PA.

That's not Glass Glow palm. Its Crystal Palm container wax. Just thought you would want to know. If you want GG it has to say GG palm wax. Aztec carries the GG.:smiley2:

LOL

Isnt that what we are looking at. Perhaps we could get 1/2 container of feather and 1/2 glass glow. At least we could also sell the excess to people here on the East Coast as bloody NCS does not seem able to keep anything in stock!

You want to go halves in a container of 30,000 jars with me also :)

Interesting actually.

We never went into container candles purely due to the volatility of glassware supply in Australia. We struggle enough sourcing stock of wax, FO & dyes to maintain customer orders that we didnt want to add a further complication to the mix.

Have always liked the look of Glass Glow and reckon it would go well.

Maybe down the track I could be tempted.....:)

Also a note for those who are now looking for another supplier of GG - I recently changed supplier for my Feather Palm and the new wax is chalk and cheese compared to the old one. The new wax is (thankfully) much better than the previous supplier was selling. Much easier to work with a far more consistent. I say this for those who may be changing supplier for their GG as a GG from a difference supplier *may* be very different to what you are used to.

Bart70

Edited by bart70

Wonder if people realize that veggie wax is an offshoot (minor product line) of the food industry and that all of the major players in the food industry are heavily into palm oil products? Golden Brands (world's largest supplier of shortening flakes) lists 16 palm oil products on their website. Cargill makes a lot of them. So does ADM. Shall we boycott ALL soy waxes as well because of those companies' use of palm oil?

Much palm oil is produced in Africa, South America, China, Central America, Australia, etc. but all WE hear about is problems with oil palm deforestation in Indonesia & Malaysia. Are ALL those other countries "doin' it right"? I don't believe that for a second! This is a POLITICAL/ECONOMIC issue and, while environmentally important, has very little to do with environmentalism...

Edited by Stella1952

but either way you cut it, it is an environmental issue. Deforestation is always an environmental issue... no matter WHERE it is. and why malaysia and indonesia get the bulk of the attention is due to the species and locals who relied on those forests.

2% of the indonesian population relies on the income from palm oil. So the palm oil companies went on a campaign to say how they were helping indonesia and its people... meanwhile, 44% of indonesians rely on those forests for THEIR income, food, and homes.

I understand not everyone feels the same way I do, but I wont support ANY product with palm oil in it... which means alot of the snacks I loved in the past, I no longer eat. And it means reading alot of labels, writing letters, and standing strong on my views. I hope history at some point will look back at this and see the wrong it did. There ARE ways to sustainably grow palm so everyone can have all the wax, and PKO they need... and no clearcutting, burning, and endangered species habitats need to be threatened. But until they stop, I wont stop boycotting palm.. and I may be the minority on craftserver for obvious reasons, there are millions others out there who feel the same as me, and all we want to see is deforestation stop in those endangered areas.

Malaysia owns 45% of the palm oil trade. THATS why we hear about it most. Also because of the peat bogs. The rainforests they are clearcutting to make way for the farms are on top of peat bogs. Peat bogs, when deforested and drained, release huge amounts of carbon.

Nothing will change until most of us change.. but I wont stand by and watch the planet be destroyed and shrug my shoulders. I didnt become a parent so that my kids could inherit the mistakes my generation made. I want my kids to travel the world, and still see rainforests.. instead of read about them in a book, because we thought cheap cookies were more important.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

PS in 08/09 these were the figures.. in million tons,

42.8 million tons produced

Indonesia 19.5,

Malaysia 17,7,

Thailand 1.2,

Columbia 0.8,

Nigeria 0.8,

other 2.8

The US is not even in the top 10 of consumers of palm oil, before the food market started replacing other oils and fats with palm. Now consumption by the US is rising, rapidly. Thats the issue. How much more will production ramp up?

To our credit, the US has never signifigantly consumed palm oil for food, or detergent purposes. But that could change. The major importing countries/regions are China, EU-27, and India.

PS EU-27 is: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom