illumination warmers

twincityjade

I just received an order from candle warmers. I noticed some smoke releasing from the top and thought maybe it was fragrance oil burning off. Lifted the bowl off and out comes a cloud of smoke. I called candle warmers and they said to add more melts. I told them that wasn't the problem as I had put enough tarts in for adequate depth of melted wax. She then said the burning smell may continue for the first couple uses. Is this to be expected from the illumination warmers?

I thought the same thing but its been 6 hours and still smoking. Not a good selling point. By the way your warmer is going to smoke and stink during the first couple uses. I also got the heating plate warmers from them today, love those. May call tomorrow and see if I can swap the illumination warmers for the others.

I have ordered many illumination warmers and they have never smoked. I did have tons of issues with the Tuscan Brown Warmers, they would absorb wax and leak through. I had the same problem with the plug in warmer in the same style. They say this problem is resolved. Sorry for rambling.

If I were you I would call customer service, they have been wonderful to work with when I have had problems.

Also thought I would let you all know one of my snowman warmer had his arms painted on backwards, so it is always best to check the warmer before it goes out to the customer. :

I'm sitting in my shop, trying a tuscan brown warmer now. It did smoke a little at first, until all the wax melted. I think it was just the finish on the warmer heating up. Now that the melted wax has covered the bottom of the dish completely, it isn't smoking any more.

I'll use it for a few days, and see how it does, and let you know.