Little square sachets for herbs or FO scented stuffing?

Darbla

I know this is so remedial to all you expert seamstresses out there, but if I want to make little sachets for stuffing with lavender and other herbs to make an eye pillow for bedtime, or to fill with FO scented corn cob or whatever, how do I make them?

I know I can put two squares of fabric together, right sides facing each other and the wrong sides out, then sew around 3 sides. Then when I flip it inside out, I'll have the right sides out which is what you want. My main question is how to close that last open side so it pretty much matches the other sides and doesn't look odd?

Also would just regular cotton type fabrics printed with holiday designs be fine for this, or would the FOs in the corn cob seep onto the fabric and cause issues?

I have an idea of how to stitch it, but no expert advice.

I did however want to chime in on putting f/o soaked things into an eye mask. I don't know that I would do this. These are typically made using real lavender, flax and other herbs.

Maybe it's just me, but I would be leary of putting synthetic fragrance anywhere near my eyes.

I have an idea of how to stitch it, but no expert advice.

I did however want to chime in on putting f/o soaked things into an eye mask. I don't know that I would do this. These are typically made using real lavender, flax and other herbs.

Maybe it's just me, but I would be leary of putting synthetic fragrance anywhere near my eyes.

That's what I said. "lavender and other herbs to make an eye pillow for bedtime"

The FO idea is for other stuff, like maybe scenting your car or lingerie drawers.

Kitn, I don't know what an "invisible stitch" is but I will go look it up. Thanks!

I made them!!! Hahaha! I fought like hell with that sewing machine 'til I figured it out, and I made them! Thank you, TexasBrat, for the info on the final stitching! I may turn into a sewing demon now that I got that !@#% machine figured out!!!!

I made them!!! Hahaha! I fought like hell with that sewing machine 'til I figured it out, and I made them! Thank you, TexasBrat, for the info on the final stitching! I may turn into a sewing demon now that I got that !@#% machine figured out!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2:And where are the pictures?:waiting: