yea or nay?

Georgia

Well, I haven't played with wax in a while and it showed. After 2 days and many bad words these finally came out of the mold with chunks falling off everywhere. I brushed them with a wire brush and attempted a crackle. I don't think it worked well. Should I just melt them down and start again? They are spiced cranberry, by the way, and smell delish!

post-210-139458473946_thumb.jpg

post-210-13945847395_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you should melt them and try again; looks like they've been through a few rough battles.

Don't feel bad, you should have seen my ornies; instead of looking like a gingerbread man they looked like the monster of the Blue Lagoon... just awful, my husband couldn't stop laughing, same with my daughter, and through their tears (of laughter) they kept saying "oh, but they're not that bad...." and kept laughing - so I quit making them:embarasse

I really like that crackled look in the second pic. But I want to know how you got them

to be soooo shiney? The shine is stunning. I would love to have a shine like that.

To get the crackled look...don't you submerge the mold with wax into a cold water bath?