What is the best wax for making tarts?

aesnyder

I have been using the 464 and some scents really hold to it, while others I can barely smell. I am using 1 oz of FO per pound. I like that the wax is already in pieces when it arrives though. That makes it so handy!

I like the creaminess of it, but it is a bit soft.

What is your favorite for tart making only? Thanks in advance! :cheesy2:

I believe soy wax like the 464 requires more FO. The best wax for tarts is the one that works for you, so you may want to buy small quantities of several waxes and experiment.

My favorite wax for tarts is from The Candle Source; love it and it works great for me. Good luck!

i just started making tarts and use igi 4794....they turned out perfect and smell excellent i blew my light bulb in my tart warmer :D

Virginia, I'm still fairly new to candle making and was using 4794. But could not get my hot throw to last more than a few hours. So I'm trying Candle Source wax. I still have some of the 4794 left over. Would you mind telling me how hot you got your wax and the temperature you add your fo. Also the temperature you poured? Also do you let them cure for over a week? I just hate to waste this wax. Thank you for any help you can give me!

I've only been making tarts for a short time, but I really like the soy blend from Miami-Erie Supply. I started with a para-soy blend from KY but switched to ME's blend after using it.

The tarts I've made with the ME soy blend have really nice throw (cold and hot). It comes in fine granule form, easy to melt, and comes in 10lb bags that aren't breaking my bank. LOL

• 11 months later...

Ok I just have to say that I was trying to figure out a new wax because my old one is hard to get now and has gone up about 30.00 bucks!!! I saw alot of people saying they use IGI 4797 for Tarts .......I have no idea how this is working for people I got a 10lb. piece of it to try before spending the 90.00 or what ever on it and it is horrible the wax is soooooooooo hard i dont even smell the oil in my tart at all and I use great oils and use plenty...used the same amount in 4797 as i did my old wax and now i am trying to figure out what im gonna do with this wax cause it is just awefull. just trying to save yall $$$ :)