PB clamshells

I'm coming close to adding The P too.

I have experienced frosting when using PB alone. By frosting I mean it looks like they've been dumped into a bowl of powdered sugar. IMO, I prefer to blend with a container paraffin to prevent that. HTH!

I have experienced frosting when using PB alone. By frosting I mean it looks like they've been dumped into a bowl of powdered sugar. IMO, I prefer to blend with a container paraffin to prevent that. HTH!

What temp are you pouring at?

The yellow clamshell is 100% Ecosoya PB. The other two are 75% Ecosoya PB and 25% C1 container soy. Here's the C1 link for distributors.

http://www.naturewax.com/distributors.htm

I put Apple Jack & Peel in the warmer this morning. I can't tell any difference in the hot throw and I think it may have a slightly better cold throw. I poured 152 tarts this weekend and none of them are showing any signs of frost....yet.

How are they did they frost? I poured last night at 165 got a little frost on the square part below (Peak spruceberry) and the tops look ok but like they wanted to sink in a little. Tonight I poured Starbucks coffee using powder dye instead of liquid and reddi-glow chips I will pour at 160.:confused:

Edited by soy327

Soooo, I was cleaning up my utensils and pitchers from last nights experiment:laugh2:anyway I had some GG in my palm presto and I bet you know what's next.:P drum roll!!!!!!! I reheated the wax and put rainwater FO cause I can't get it to throw in soy:confused: and teal dye. Was going for pour at 165 and it cooled to fast poured at 150. I just could not resist this chance.:laugh2: to try it out.

post-11440-139458474324_thumb.jpg

I would just love to know how you all get the PB to throw for you. I have given up. Can't get CT or HT from it. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I must have 30 lbs left, a waste of my $$ because it's a real dud for me.... so now I'm selling it - all of it, and good riddance :mad:

Looks good, Let us know how it works! :) Does GG come out of the shell easily? I'm certain the HT will be fabulous.

They came out of the mold nice a little crumble but nothing I would complain about. Smell great.

Tonight i had to make some starburst votives so I made a pillar for my step daughter and another clamshell same scent rainwater CS poured the clamshell at 165, I will take pics, It didn't melt the plastic :laugh2:oh my gosh I was nervous.:shocked2:

I use between 4 - 8 % FO in my clamshells depending on the FO. Some are just too strong IMO for 6%. Bert's Christmas Tree comes to mind as one of the FO I back off on. As far as the FO supplier I'm all over the map. I have BCN, MC, CS, Cajuns, Elements and Daystar. I have no problems with the hot or cold throw and I also think the 25% C3 makes a cleaner break with less crumbs than the straight PB. I use both liquid and CS dye chips for color. Liquid for most of the red shades as no matter how long I stir I can't seem to get those darn red dye chips mixed. I always end up with tiny little red dots. The only way I can use red is to strain it through a fine mesh sieve. HTH

I use between 4 - 8 % FO in my clamshells depending on the FO. Some are just too strong IMO for 6%. Bert's Christmas Tree comes to mind as one of the FO I back off on. As far as the FO supplier I'm all over the map. I have BCN, MC, CS, Cajuns, Elements and Daystar. I have no problems with the hot or cold throw and I also think the 25% C3 makes a cleaner break with less crumbs than the straight PB. I use both liquid and CS dye chips for color. Liquid for most of the red shades as no matter how long I stir I can't seem to get those darn red dye chips mixed. I always end up with tiny little red dots. The only way I can use red is to strain it through a fine mesh sieve. HTH

I melt my chips in my pour pitcher, in the toaster oven on the lowest setting when melted I pour my wax in.

So I think the starburst came out good (I know I started this thread with PB) but S**t happens, anyway here are the pics. I got one a little too full, but they released from the mold sooo clean. They also smell great. the one I poured at 165 is the overful one the other I poured at 155, 155 wins.

post-11440-139458474347_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458474351_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458474354_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458474358_thumb.jpg