PB clamshells

I just made my 1st clamshells out of PB. 1. Peaks ocean, country blue and spruceberry, Bayberry. I covered them with a roasting pan. I am not going to peak, I'm not going to go in there and peak, I'm not going to peak, No Peaking.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:I promise. I'm going to watch tv, No peaking. I'll take pics. Hope they come out nice. I'm not going to Peak.

Boo Hoo, They didn't come out very good. Not horrible, but the apperance is not what I was going for.

Back to the candle room. Thanks both of you I'm going to try it again tonight. I might add my outside temp was 25 degrees this morning.

post-11440-139458473911_thumb.jpg

Edited by soy327

Boo Hoo, They didn't come out very good. Not horrible, but the apperance is not what I was going for.

Back to the candle room. Thanks both of you I'm going to try it again tonight. I might add my outside temp was 25 degrees this morning.

That looks like frosting. When I did 100% PB clamshells if they didn't frost right away, they still frosted later. I also found the PB to be a little too brittle for my liking so I added a softer container paraffin, about 30%. I didn't get frosting then. And they have excellent HT. :yay:

Omg, I just went to the "room" to try another clamshell. I was shocked when I picked up the bag of PB and it said "ecosoya 135 I almost had the biggest hot flash I've ever had.:laugh2::laugh2:I used the F****n wrong wax, No way, back to the drawing board:laugh2::laugh2:so maybe, just maybe I'll get different results:yay:I think I need to get glasses or something, maybe lazer surgery. Maybe a labotamy. No never mind the labotamy.:laugh2:Thanks you guys your great. The laugh was on me.

Never tried the KY wax mabe that label is easier to read :laugh2:

O.K. here ya go. Sweet pumkin spice got too much brown, not enough orange. but I was using the reddi glow chips. Just getting to experiment with them. This looks way better. Now I have to go get some more of the PB cause that was all I had:laugh2:Dam the bad luck. $$$$ more. Looks like I spilled a drop.

post-11440-139458473931_thumb.jpg

Edited by soy327

I used 75% PB and 25% xcel. Next time I will use only the PB. This morning there is a tiny bit of frost, but they are really dark brown:laugh2:too much brown. Oh well it's fun to experiment. I have a couple of good friends that love my experiments:laugh2:If I could have got the color right I would be totally happy, practice makes perfect.

I've been playing around with PB for a while now and I get a really good product with 25% PB and other soy wax. No frosting and they still pop out easily, great throws. I save money this way with the PB and have all the benefits. I've even made containers with it. So a little will go a long way and you can save some money too!

Edited by Lorelei
hit send too soon!

I just poured 100% PB, creme brulee let's see how it comes out.:confused::laugh2:Hope I got the color right this time. I must be color deprived pouring soy containers with no color.:laugh2:Oh well practice makes perfect. I might add this FO is a keeper.

O.K. this is a B*****slapping Creme Brulee. (some know what I'm talking about).:laugh2::laugh2:It's scented through and through WOW. MY 1st 100% PB Clamshell.

O.K. I need to work on the color, I know that:laugh2::laugh2:Oh and yeah that brown spot is where I spilled brown dye about a yr ago. jeez

post-11440-139458473977_thumb.jpg

post-11440-139458473981_thumb.jpg

Edited by soy327

Looks great! I have always used the Ecosoya PB straight but tonight I mixed some with C1 I'm trying to get rid of. Someone posted elsewhere they felt it helped the throw. I'll let you know on the throw. C1 is cheaper in cost and within driving distance for me.

The yellow clamshell is 100% Ecosoya PB. The other two are 75% Ecosoya PB and 25% C1 container soy. Here's the C1 link for distributors.

http://www.naturewax.com/distributors.htm

I put Apple Jack & Peel in the warmer this morning. I can't tell any difference in the hot throw and I think it may have a slightly better cold throw. I poured 152 tarts this weekend and none of them are showing any signs of frost....yet.

post-11507-139458474009_thumb.jpg