Candle Jars

Do you have a preference? Do you have a favorite supplier?

I was shopping at Amazon earlier and saw they have some really cute Libbey jars at reasonable prices.

I'm looking to start with small candles and would like to use glass jars. I'm looking to do candles with a country flare.

TIA

I've looked around at the dollar stores for a good container that the store also is able to re-order (no sense branding anything that you can't get more of). Unfortunately, a lot of that stuff is to thin on the glass to be sturdy and much of it has blems to deal with.

But I did find one good jar that seems to be consistently made and infinitely renewable. Local price plus tax is slightly higher (by pennies) than mail order from the suppliers, but yeah, there's no shipping charges.

As everyone has stated before location is everything. BUT - with that said - and I promise I don't work for or get kick backs from them but CandleScience has the best prices hands down. Plus they have the most "fair" shipping policy i've seen yet. Not to say they can't be out done but most of their prices are hard to beat. IMO...

As everyone has stated before location is everything. BUT - with that said - and I promise I don't work for or get kick backs from them but CandleScience has the best prices hands down. Plus they have the most "fair" shipping policy i've seen yet. Not to say they can't be out done but most of their prices are hard to beat. IMO...

I respect your opinion but have found cheaper places for jars. Here's an example.

My order for jars from:

Candle Science - 10 dozen Jars and 12 doz. lids (that's the cheapest) $90.92 + $70.12 shipping = $161.04

Bitter Creek - 12 dozen jars and lids $96.17 + $42.38 shipping = $139.05

(so I get two dozen more jars for less money from BC)

As you can see, shipping is a killer on glass and also wax.

Edited by IwantItgreen

Thanks for all your input! I have noticed that shipping is expensive, even for small orders the shipping double or triples the order.

Amazon has some really nice Libbey 12oz jars and they have free shipping for orders over $25. It's their 5-8 day delivery, but it's free and I'm not in a hurry for the glassware.

I guess like everything else, gotta shop around and shop around close by to save on shipping.