4630 or J223 (4633)

I was hoping to get some input between these two waxes. Right now I only make tarts (for msyelf & friends) and plan to try making candles. Again, the candles would only be for myself. I dont ever plan to sell. I have read, read and read somemore about the trials & tribulations of testing, the various wicks, fo load, jar size, etc. and I understand all the variables and that the only true way to find what works best for me is to test. That being said.... for those of you that have used both waxes, is one better than the other in your opinion?

I would be able to order the jars, wicks (zinc sample pack) 4630 wax, and 464 from one supplier, but not the J223 from the same supplier. But I was really leaning toward the J223 over the 4630. Setting the cost of shipping and the inconvenience of ordering from 2 separate suppliers aside, in your opinion is the J223 superior to 4630 or do you think I would be happy with 4630 (4630 85%, 464 15%)?

Thanks,

Hi Scent Cellar,

To answer your question of why I want to add the 464... Primarily because I have read quite a few posts where it seems that folks have used that blend and really liked the results. I am not speaking from experience whatsoever and would value the input, but I believe I read that it helped with the sinkholes and helped to smooth out the tops. But of course I have read so many different posts that I could very well have mixed up the information.

um.. top of my head I don't remember. I've only made 6 candles so far. lol It was whatever candle science recommended. But it's not the zinc. HTP 73 maybe? I only ordered a few because I wasn't sure what to get since it ws my first foray into candles. I think I am going to use the zinc when I order more wicks. I've read they are the best with this wax.

Let me know how it works for ya!

Oh, but I use the 8oz jelly jars. I'm sure that would make a difference in wicks?

Edited by lauramw71