Keeper of the Flame

tonyjazz

Hello, I'm new here. Just been working making candles for a month now. Hook on gel candles. This one is from soy. I guess there's something traditionally ancestral just to see that flame.........and the scents available now are so varied. Im hooked................TJ

post-12651-139458473896_thumb.jpg

Edited by tonyjazz

Well done, that's a pretty colour. The melt pool looks fab too but the flame looks huge ... maybe its just the pic. The wick could do with a trim :D How long had it been burning when you took the pic?

If you think you are getting away from candle making now, think again ... and kiss goodbye to any spare cash you have :laugh2:

Anjie,x.

Thanks dnj..........glad to have found this forum and make new friends.

Anjie, thanks for the comments. The wick was mushrooming a lot on that pic, 1 hour burn time. I'm real new to candle making and learning a lot here. I am intrigued and delighted at the creative possibilities involved in candle making. Hope to incorporate my other art, painting and photography into this new venture.................thanks for " trimming the wick" tip, much appreciated.

Very nice !!! I have to laugh my mom called me the other day and said, "I thought you told me soy candles weren't supposed to leave black around the mouth of the jar." So of course the first question I asked was did you trim the wick and she said "what?" and continued on to tell me I should probably put that in the directions. Which I told her to refer to #3 of her directions :rolleyes2. That's my trim the wick story~lol :)