Final Tart Making Today for a While

Shirlee

I have one more batch of tarts I'm going to try today ... hopefully without the putrid results of The Great Pumpkin ones I made on Sunday. Has anyone else given this fragrance a try yet? I'm actually thinking the smell was from the silicone molds & not from the FO. Hope so :smiley2: Anyway, I have one more glass jar that I can store some tarts in (never have been able to get any bags) & that will be the end of my tart making for a while :sad2:

I will be having surgery on Friday morning. I am having a total hysterectomy including a BSO & the dr is concerned there may be lymph node involvement so I don't know how this is all going to turn out but if anyone can say a prayer or two for me I would really appreciate it.

I'll be checking the forum up until I leave for the hospital. I'm having a robotic procedure so if all goes well I should actually get to come home on Saturday but I don't know when I will be able to sit & work on the computer. I've asked my husband to send an email to Mary (thank you Mary!) so she can post & let you all know how my surgery turns out. In the meantime, I will be thinking about all of you making wax goodies & I will be looking forward to getting back to it myself soon!

Blessings,

Shirlee

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, & encouragement. I appreciate them very much!

I never got any tarts made yesterday ... maybe today since I got a lot of other stuff done yesterday. All I have left to do before I go to the hospital is print out some stuff, get a book or two to read, dig out some handwork, pick up meds, & get my hair trimmed. Sigh!

Blessings,

Shirlee

I have one more batch of tarts I'm going to try today ... hopefully without the putrid results of The Great Pumpkin ones I made on Sunday. Has anyone else given this fragrance a try yet? I'm actually thinking the smell was from the silicone molds & not from the FO. Hope so :smiley2: Anyway, I have one more glass jar that I can store some tarts in (never have been able to get any bags) & that will be the end of my tart making for a while :sad2:

I will be having surgery on Friday morning. I am having a total hysterectomy including a BSO & the dr is concerned there may be lymph node involvement so I don't know how this is all going to turn out but if anyone can say a prayer or two for me I would really appreciate it.

I'll be checking the forum up until I leave for the hospital. I'm having a robotic procedure so if all goes well I should actually get to come home on Saturday but I don't know when I will be able to sit & work on the computer. I've asked my husband to send an email to Mary (thank you Mary!) so she can post & let you all know how my surgery turns out. In the meantime, I will be thinking about all of you making wax goodies & I will be looking forward to getting back to it myself soon!

Blessings,

Shirlee

You will be in our prayers and know that your candle making friends are thinking of you!!I'll be waiting to hear from your husband and I know everything will go great. When the anesthesiologist tells you to count backwards while your going under count all your friends on the forum and it will be over before you know it! Love ya girl and be safe!:)

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for your good thoughts & prayers! My surgery went well ... no cancer :yay: Tomorrow I have my postop appointment & I'm hoping my doctor will tell me it's okay to walk around more than I have been allowed to as well as stand more than I've been allowed to. Of course I'm going to ask her if making tarts would be too strenuous. I can't imagine it would be! I know I have another almost 5 weeks to "rest." Kind of puts the kibosh on Christmas decorating this year unless I want to run around at the last minute pulling things out of closets & putting things on display which I don't think I'll want to do :sad2:

I posted this over in the FO section but I'll ask here too ... has anyone tried the TCS The Great Pumpkin scent since I tried it with dismal results? I used the TCS container wax when I made my tarts. There's really nothing in the way of scent there ... certainly not the wonderful pumpkin spice scent I was hoping for.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Hi Shirlee,

It's great to have you back and what wonderful news, no cancer.:yay:

I hope your doctor releases you for making candles but remember you really need to take care and do to much to soon.

I tried TCS The Great Pumpkin and I did not have much luck. I did not have the terrible smell when I poured it but I just couldn't get it to throw. It has cured now for about a week and a half and still very light throw. This one is off my list of keepers. Oh well, on to the the next one.

I just ordered one of TCS crystal dangle warmers, it should be here in a couple of days. I ordered the pink one. When I get my business going next spring I would like to gear towards victorian and I thought these warmers would be perfect. They let me order one at retail even though they are only showing them in the wholesale section on the site. There is a dimmer in the light part of it. The brighter the light is, the hotter the melter becomes. I will have to play with it to find the right combination.

Take Care,

Hugs~Sharon Kay

Thanks Sharon Kay! Guess I'll toss The Great Pumpkin. Do you know of a good spicy pumpkin FO or spicy anything really ... spice cake or what have you?

I will leave for my dr appointment in about an hour. I bet I'll be the first patient to say "Can I make tarts yet?" ... lol!

I'll have to go to TCS & take a look at those warmers. I geared more toward the primitive country look so the ones I have are punched metal with little bulbs inside.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for your good thoughts & prayers! My surgery went well ... no cancer :yay: Tomorrow I have my postop appointment & I'm hoping my doctor will tell me it's okay to walk around more than I have been allowed to as well as stand more than I've been allowed to. Of course I'm going to ask her if making tarts would be too strenuous. I can't imagine it would be! I know I have another almost 5 weeks to "rest." Kind of puts the kibosh on Christmas decorating this year unless I want to run around at the last minute pulling things out of closets & putting things on display which I don't think I'll want to do :sad2:

I posted this over in the FO section but I'll ask here too ... has anyone tried the TCS The Great Pumpkin scent since I tried it with dismal results? I used the TCS container wax when I made my tarts. There's really nothing in the way of scent there ... certainly not the wonderful pumpkin spice scent I was hoping for.

Blessings,

Shirlee

:yay:Welcome Back Shirlee! So glad to hear the surgery went well. Also I'm so glad there was no cancer. They moved our posting to "Other Topics". There are more emails there. Talk to you soon!!

Mary

Hi Shirlee,

You're so... funny and I am quite sure that you are probably your doctor's first patient to ask that question LOL.

You might want to check out Natures's Garden. They have a Pumpkin Crunch Cake that is a best seller (84 reviews). Here's their description.

A Best Seller! An NG Original fragrance. Oh, you're gonna love this one! The aroma of one of our favorite desserts (recipe below). The aroma of creamy pumpkin pie filling with rich eagle brand milk; surrounded with freshly baked yellow cake, melted butter, pecans, and hints of spice. I just remembered tha I have an 8 ounce bottle that I haven't tried. I'll have to put that in wax.

Let us know how your doctor's appt. goes.

Warmly,

Sharon Kay

Off the top of my head, the spicy scents that throw great for me in TCS wax are: Winter Night (Lonestar), Celtic Moonspice (AH), Hansel&Gretel (Candlescience), Pear Spice (Peak's). There are others, but I don't have my notes handy. One FO that I just cannot get to throw worth a flip in TCS wax is Black Cherry :angry2: