Really dumb question

I'm testing out palm container wax and had a small snafu this week. Had two jars-- same FO but different wicks, testing for burn. The sheet that I had labeled which was which got moved on me, so I went by sight-- assuming the wider looking wick was the bigger one.

Now-- here comes the dumb question... During my test burns, the one that I assumed to be "smaller" has a much larger flame-- can a smaller wick produce a larger flame or did I guess wrong on which wick?

I'm currently testing CSN 11 vs. CSN 12 in the ROBNAT container palm.

I've done the same thing - very frustrating!!! The only way to be REALLY SURE, is to do it again. You really can't go on how wide the wick appears on close sizes... that can be the amount of priming wax... sorry!

If there's a way to screw up a wick test, I'll find it (then probably do it a few more times 'cause I'm a slow learner)! Nowadays, before I even POUR a tester, I write the wick type/size on the container with a Sharpie as soon as I wick the danged thing (bottom AND sides... just in case) so I CAN'T mix things up. For pillars, I put an adhesive dot on the side and bottom of the candle. I also try to remember to write the name/size on the wick tab of pillars & votives, in case the dots fall off...

i just started to write all info (wax/blend-wick-FO) on a small piece of masking tape and sticking it on the side of the jar. after burning, i can just peel off the tape, stick it in my notes and add any other info right next to it. saves writing it all twice!

kris