rival hot pot

I bought one of these to try for small batches - I really like it - it heats up fast, has an adjustable temp control and a pouring spout. It's nice to keep wax warm when doing layers or for doing a second pour. Don't know how long it will last, but I got it for around 10 bucks at BB&B with a coupon. It holds 32 oz, I think

[ATTACH]20860[/ATTACH]

Just thought I'd share...

untitled.bmp

post-7425-139458473874_thumb.jpg

I had an off brand one of those and it was great. Unfortunately, it started leaking around the heating element that was underneath a plastic covering. I tried sealing it but nothing worked and it had to be chunked. It was really handy but never could find that Rival pot. Let me know how it holds up.

Steve

hi! those hot pots work great for up to 2 lbs. of wax. i only used them until last month when i gave in and got a presto. there are no exposed heating elements but as Steve said they might end up leaking. i got all of mine (i have 3 now and wore 3 out!) at yard sales, so i can't say how much wear and tear they had before me. i noticed that they will wear out/leak quicker if you keep heating up the wax batches one after another. they last longer if you turn them off after every 2-3 batches. hth-kris

I've only used it for about a week, but I found it really handy to use for tarts, like alot of people said, or layered pillars, etc. I already have 2 turkey fryers, which I love, but this definitely has it's uses, IMO

It does have an exposed heating element.

I have used it to melt the wax from flake form and it's fast. This will probably replace my roaster oven, which takes up alot of precious space.

I'm gonna pick up a couple more. The ONLY thing I wish is that it had a longer cord. Easily fixed, though

I have one and I got mine at a local GoodWill or place like that. It was like $3. I am gonna use it for wax now I used it for hot choc and tea before.

I also use a coffee cup warmer for the lip balms. Just place a glass bowl on the warmer and it will keep it melted and warm. I learned it on a site. Cool idea

nice ideas ladies! Perfect timing too, as I am just starting to play around with tart-making and found that it can be a little messy. This pot w/ pouring spout should be great for little tart batches....much better than what I have been doing.

I just have to get a little better control with the pouring

I actually pour with the large (20oz?) plastic cups from Sam's club. At my pouring temp, these particular cups form their own perfect pouring spout and allow for precise pouring. I've tried other brands of cups and they just don't work as well.

I mix my wax, FO and dye in my large pour pot, then use the cups to actually pour into the melt or votive molds.

• 3 weeks later...