Looking for Parasoy

I currently work with 100% soy but I am looking for a new Parasoy blend to test. I use to work with IGI 6006 or years and like it.

I have also tried Farmhouse 50/50 and did not like it. I did try TN 70/30 and liked it but I was wondering about other parasoy blends out there.

So I read all the info I could find on this board and now I am more confused than when I started. I am interested in WOW and Joy Wax from NG, JS 50/50, KY Perfect Blend and JBN JW-9900.

Any info on what is worth testing or no would be greatly appreciated.

Vickey at KY doesn't sell Perfect Blend anymore. I used to use it and loved it but...she discontinued because of too much inconsistancy. The last 5 cases that I bought...all same lot number...I had major problems with holes around the wick. I tried all of the tricks...but it was too much of a PITA especially during the holiday season.

I used to use Joy wax too...not sure what happened that I stopped using it. lol

I tried the JS 50/50 a long time ago and did not care for it in container candles. I add a small amount of it to my paraffin when making votives and tarts so I can use it all.

I've finally settled on CBL130...parasoy blend from Candlewic. Shipping isn't too bad because I live about 2 hours from them. I just can't bring myself to drive to Philly suburbs to get wax.

After over 9 years of pouring candles...I am done testing new wax. :)

• 1 month later...

What wick are you using with the CBL 130 Maggie? I used to use ky perfect blend and was trying the 130 with CD wicks and don't get too great of a scent throw.

I've tried quite a few blends to replace the KY perfect blend and can't find anything to work as well as it did. I really get tired of manufacturers messing up a good blend. The same thing happened to me with joy wax. It was great at first and then inconsistency.

What wick are you using with the CBL 130 Maggie? I used to use ky perfect blend and was trying the 130 with CD wicks and don't get too great of a scent throw.

I've tried quite a few blends to replace the KY perfect blend and can't find anything to work as well as it did. I really get tired of manufacturers messing up a good blend. The same thing happened to me with joy wax. It was great at first and then inconsistency.

I use LX wicks. I can wick a "normal" scent with an LX24 in a Madison. I also use the shouldered jelly jars from Fillmore Container and a scent like Creme Brulee...I have to use LX26. I get great cold and hot throw with this wax.

I know what you mean...Joy wax changed so I switched to another wax. When Vickey came out with Perfect Blend I was so happy. I liked the old blend but tested her new PB and figured I could work with it. Just took way too much time and heat gunning to fix the huge air pockets around the wick. Nothing I tried work so I decided to try the 130 and LOVE it. I see the price has increased drastically since I bought my last cases. I've tested and loved the GW464 which is a lot cheaper. I'll need to order wax after the first of the year so I'm torn right now between paying the HIGH price for 130; or getting the 464 and doing further testing. :angry2:

I make my own blend of GB 464 and IGI 4630

Same here, I got tired of chasing Vendor Blend waxes around and they had way too many issues. So for me, to blend my own is way more consistant both those waxes have a good track record and can be found at most suppliers. HTH

Same here, I got tired of chasing Vendor Blend waxes around and they had way too many issues. So for me, to blend my own is way more consistant both those waxes have a good track record and can be found at most suppliers. HTH

And your candles are awesome, they always look, smell and burn great!

:)

I use NG Wow wax and I love it!!! It is nice and smooth, adheres nicely to the jars and has amazing scent throw. I do add a few ounces of 100% soy to it, but it's just b/c I had so many people ask if it was soy & turn their noses up when I said no. Since I have labeled it as a Para-soy blend nobody questions me anymore! Sad but true. I can't tell any burn difference with the added soy, if it wasn't for all the questions I would leave it as is b/c I think it's perfect!!

I also use the CBL-130 from Candlewic, like Maggie. I hope to never have to switch again. It is just right....I use CD wicks. No wet spots ever again. Burns clean even in my square masons. I tried many, many waxes including 6006, Ky Parasoy, and tried blending my own. This was the best, IMHO.

@Maggie-I know the price has increased, but for me anyway, it is still cheaper than paying higher shipping from elsewhere. They have good sales alot and I try to wait for them. Just praying they keep this wax.

Edited by jennyjo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe that I found the CBL-130 to set up nicer and wick easier....if I recall correctly. I always choose the easier. I don't like waxes that need to be babied. Like if you have to heat the jars, pour at an exact moment, and cool under insulated boxes...that's not for me. I want to melt, mix, pour, and move on with life. Lazy? no...I just want to know that I can pour plenty of product without bringing in an army to help. Since I am a one women show, like most of us here, I need to be able to pour quickly. CBL 130 is an easy-going wax...

Well, that's me too. I'm all about production, and time is money. I too am a one woman show, and I'm like you, that doesn't leave time to heat jars, heat wax and wait for it to cool to certain temp, etc..

I'm still testing the CBL 130, and the KY parasoy. Thanks for your input. I'm hoping to decide on which one of these I'm going to use soon.

I hope they gave people heads up on that. If not, I would be PISSED. This is one reason I will not buy supplier blends. It is fairly easy to blend your own and then you only have to worry about the manufacturer being bought by another company and changing the wax (you know who I'm talking about), LOL.

Cheers,

Steve

I just ordered joy wax for the first time and made some tarts in portion cups and they smell awesome! on the second day very strong cold throw.. I will burn one on sunday.

I want to make some scalloped but it is to soft I think could I add something to it without messing the wax up?