curing soap??

icecold

I made beer soap and it ashed on top so I cut it off after curing for 4 weeks as it just looked bad. It was tacky on the parts I cut off and a lighter color. Is it supposed to look like this because it is not fully cured yet? I did the same to another soap that had been curing for 5 weeks and was the same thing, tacky and lighter in color. My bars are 1" thick. Any help is greatly appreciated.

totally OK to use. Really, soap only gets better with age- but if your soap gels properly, its technically not going to hurt you even 24 hours after cutting.. it just will be really soft and have lots of water in it still. I wouldnt sell soap that hadnt cured longer than 4 weeks but its not going to harm you. But... the longer the cure the less water... the better the soap :)

I love old soap.. I have some bars that are 3 years old.. I treasure them!!

But... the longer the cure the less water... the better the soap :)

I love old soap.. I have some bars that are 3 years old.. I treasure them!!

Amen to that! I've got a pumpkin bar I found that is over 3 years old and it's like the Everlasting Gobstopper of soaps! LOL It's hard as a brick and barely goes down with each use. :) I love it!!

Thanks so much, I was getting nervous. I have a show coming up in 3 weeks to debut my new soaps!! I only made M&P years past and I really like this CP thing! Can I wrap the ones that have cure 4 and 5 weeks? I only wrap with a cigar band no shrink wrap.