Wow, scentsy is that good huh?

dixiegal

Makes me wonder how much their "old" clamshells contained--they looked the size of mine, but may not have been filled completely, I never opened one. But I thought they were advertising that these were larger (maybe they only meant size-wise, not containing more product!!):laugh2:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to sell Scentsy until deciding that it is a rip off for both the consumer and distributor because we had to sell how they said, keep inventory while they change up packaging ect which burns their distributors not to mention the cost to the customer. I love making my own scents so started up again last month and am trying to convert my Scentsy customers by giving free samples.

The Pumpkin Roll Fragrance that is made by Scentsy is one of their most powerful scents and it does in fact work for an entire office building (that's what hooked me into selling the stuff). They only have a few capable of providing that level of scent throw but I have come up with some that are that good(if not better) also. Some people just like buying the popular expensive brand names. I agree with the earlier post that you should thank her for trying your products and move on to promoting your goods to others. We can't win them all but we can certainly try.

Makes me wonder how much their "old" clamshells contained--they looked the size of mine, but may not have been filled completely, I never opened one. But I thought they were advertising that these were larger (maybe they only meant size-wise, not containing more product!!):laugh2:

Scentsy old clamshells have 2.4 oz of wax, new design have 3.2 oz. and have 8 cavities. They new design was a conspiracy against crafters...lol. We always put more than 2.4 oz in!

I used to sell Scentsy until deciding that it is a rip off for both the consumer and distributor because we had to sell how they said, keep inventory while they change up packaging ect which burns their distributors not to mention the cost to the customer. I love making my own scents so started up again last month and am trying to convert my Scentsy customers by giving free samples.

The Pumpkin Roll Fragrance that is made by Scentsy is one of their most powerful scents and it does in fact work for an entire office building (that's what hooked me into selling the stuff). They only have a few capable of providing that level of scent throw but I have come up with some that are that good(if not better) also. Some people just like buying the popular expensive brand names. I agree with the earlier post that you should thank her for trying your products and move on to promoting your goods to others. We can't win them all but we can certainly try.

Glad to hear from someone that's used them. Does the same tarts scent that strong for a week?

Yep thats why I put on my sign... $2.00 CHEAPER, .5oz MORE wax. Mine are between 3.1-3.2 of wax, so I mentioned that to a few people... that at the least, mine are .5oz more.

Fun experiment... I got out one of my warmers (this one... http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=38)

put in two cubes from a clamshell, put it in our guest room with a bathroom attached (its about 500 sq feet in total), left the door about half open, and left it on for five days straight (its actually still on)

I know its not the safest thing in the world but I was curious and since I'm always home I checked on it often.

End of the fourth day, it was still scenting the room. Its now day 5, and the scent is beginning to wear off. I can still smell it, but I have to go INTO the room, and when I smell the wax its not nearly as strong. I'll likely dump it in the morning.

I'm going to do the same with scentsy cubes next week.. and compare my results. I'll also do yankee if I can find some.. we dont have a yankee store here but they do carry them from time to time in our ULTA stores or at TJMaxx.

I had my husband and my kids check on it as well, and tell me what they thought of the scent as well. We all agreed that up until the end of the 4th day (last night) it was as strong as the first day. Thats 96 hours, but it was actually 94 by the clock...

Most customers (hopefully) are not leaving their burners on 24 hours a day... but I was curious to see what would happen.

I am genuinely interested in the results, and seeing how they stand up against eachother.

OH, FYI... I use Ecosoya PB, at 10% FO. This particular test was done with Clean Cotton from CS which one of my testers says is very close if not identical to a scentsy clean cotton/breeze type.. shes going to pick me up one of their clamshells of that scent for the test. We'll see what I come up with.

Glad to hear from someone that's used them. Does the same tarts scent that strong for a week?

I posted a list of how long they last on the new forum talking about comparisons. The very strongest ones will last 5 days(max) if using a full bar but there were only about 5 scents that would do that. Their scents seems to coincide with our fragrances that we are producing meaning citrus lasts the least amount of time. If anyone wants scent samples for comparison just let me know since the Scentsy is hanging around taking up room for my new wonderful homemade stuff :)

Something funny, I told my Scentsy Star lady(whatever) that I was quitting and she told me about someone at a craft show making imitation Scentsy.......I reminded her that at least 80% of Scentsy are knock offs from other companies....lol. We just don't have money to market like them.....and we come up with original scents much more often!

I just went to a Scentsy open house and smelled most of the scents and honestly I was not impressed, they smelled ok but not what I was expecting. I thought I'd open a box or sample jar and get a headache from the strong scent when most smelled just ok. In fact some of my tarts are stronger.

I did buy one of their plug ins for the bathroom and a couple of their $5 bars to test. The plug in is great and fits the socket perfect unlike the one I have from OBI. The scent from one little cube scents my smallish bathroom well.

I'll try a couple of cubes in my OBI large warmer and see what I think, but truthfully I don't find them impressive in fact when I opened quite a few of the boxes have major dimples and the older ones she was selling at a price break had major color fading.

I think it is just that they have a great marketing practice and people are buying into it. Like I said before the thing they have on us small guys are very beautiful warmers. I'd love to be able to join and just resell the warmers with my tarts but that would be unethical.

Edited by cdesousa5
spelling

I did buy one of their plug ins for the bathroom and a couple of their $5 bars to test. The plug in is great and fits the socket perfect unlike the one I have from OBI. The scent from one little cube scents my smallish bathroom well.

Is that one of their cubes that scents the room? Cause none of mine would, could it be candle nose?

I'd love to be able to join and just resell the warmers with my tarts but that would be unethical.

I would love to sell their warmers and so would my wholesale accounts in their stores. They should come out with another line of equally fine warmers for the rest of us.

Is that one of their cubes that scents the room? Cause none of mine would, could it be candle nose?

It was one of theirs but put that same warmer on tonight with the same left over wax and zero scent today. I got about 8 hours out of that small cube.

I would love to sell their warmers and so would my wholesale accounts in their stores. They should come out with another line of equally fine warmers for the rest of us.

Me too , they would make a crap load of money if they did!

Me too , they would make a crap load of money if they did!

I sadly have 13 of the Scentsy warmers taking up space in my stock room and cannot sell them with my own line of products....or can I? Average Scentsy consultant cost is $22.50 for a warmer.......they will never wholesale anything because they encourage their new consultants to buy a minimum of 10 warmers within 30 days of sign up. I'm sticking with candlewarmers.com and iffen I want something extra pretty I will bust out the ceramic paints and glue. :yay:

I sadly have 13 of the Scentsy warmers taking up space in my stock room and cannot sell them with my own line of products....or can I? Average Scentsy consultant cost is $22.50 for a warmer.......they will never wholesale anything because they encourage their new consultants to buy a minimum of 10 warmers within 30 days of sign up. I'm sticking with candlewarmers.com and iffen I want something extra pretty I will bust out the ceramic paints and glue. :yay:

I'll buy some, love the look of their warmers. Let me know what you have to get rid of. Wish we could find a good supplier. I use to sell a bunch from Waxcessories but the stopped selling electric warmers. They were great.

Don't know if that email you offer was directed only to Sharon. I'll email with a question, too!

I don't know what your contract with Scentsy reads like. But I don't see why you couldn't sell them with your product ... or at least use one for a demo if you are allowed to use them at craft fairs & bazaars.

Edited by Judy, USMC
added comment

• 3 weeks later...

At first I thought I was going to have a hard time competing with scentsy but people soon realized mine was better! I also think the ones that are selling scentsy in my area are realizing they aren't what they say they are. I saw someone on my local craigslist selling all they had to get away from it all. Imagine that! :)

Met a lady over the weekend who was not a scentsy fan. She said they didn't last long enough. I asked her how many she used and how long did she think they should last.. she said 2 cubes and she felt they should last at the very least a few months.:shocked2::shocked2: First time I've been happy when someone didn't buy my tarts:laugh2:

Met a lady over the weekend who was not a scentsy fan. She said they didn't last long enough. I asked her how many she used and how long did she think they should last.. she said 2 cubes and she felt they should last at the very least a few months.:shocked2::shocked2: First time I've been happy when someone didn't buy my tarts:laugh2:

Yea and I think the gas in my car should last a few months too!! :P People like that would never be happy.

LOL

I had to read this one twice to see if I read it right. Is this woman from this planet?! :laugh2:

• 3 weeks later...