KY Tart/Votive Wax...out of stock...AGAIN!

countyline

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm definitely excited to hear that the wax is back in stock....now I just hope she can get all the backorders shipped out quickly. I'm down to 1/2 case!

I can't believe she flipped out like that....sick or not, you just can't treat your customers like that if you want to keep them your customers. Guess now I know why I didn't receive a response to my email either.

I'll have to check out that other place for wax you mentioned....thanks for the tip! ;)

Okay, I just ordered a slab of the container wax from Candle Source for making tarts. I called and asked them which wax they used for their tarts since I could not find it stated anywhere on their site. I wanted to make sure that I got the right one! Someone said on this thread that they used the pillar & votive wax for tarts, but I wanted to double check. I will post my results after I test this wax out! :)

Do a search for "Ravens" on here -- he/she is the one that uses their container wax for tarts. When I sent Loren a message over at TCS, it was explained that they use the same wax for containers and tarts. Nothing was mentioned about the pillar/votive wax??? Yes, please post your results with this wax, as I've been considering giving it a go!

Ky's is back in stock? Vicky told me she would update website when it was in and I see it still has out of stock.

Well, it took several days (that I know of, maybe longer) for her to take it off the site; who knows how long it will take to get it put back up there? They may be trying to work through the backorders before they put it back up. I am out of the back-up wax I ordered from Miami-Erie and in a bind again. I guess I should have ordered more, but silly me, I almost believed them when they said my wax should ship last Friday. I placed another order with ME; wonder which one will get here first? If I sound like I'm grumpy, it's because I am! Grrr!

Yes, I'm the one who just loves The Candlesource wax. I have tried KY parasoy for tarts and it just didn't do it for me; still have over half a case of it left.

The CS wax is available. Go to their website and click on "Wax information and directions". It's the one on the left side of the page, showing the slabs in the open carton. Makes for a very smooth candle (I do have to do the occasional second pour - not needed for the tarts). Click on "On-line catalog" if you choose to order it.

I have compared it with several waxes, and still like it best, even better than the Clarus 3022 for CT/HT, TN 70/30, Joywax, WOW, etc (I have tried many, too many).

Throws beautifully with most FO. Only "bad" thing about it is that I cannot find it anywhere else, and Oregon is a long way from Texas, LOL HTH

Throws beautifully with most FO. Only "bad" thing about it is that I cannot find it anywhere else, and Oregon is a long way from Texas, LOL HTH

Have they moved cause on the website it says Ohio, not Oregon? If they are in Ohio it makes it much closer than Oregon for me here in Florida.

Edited by cdesousa5
Spelling

I noticed that they have a new place in Oregon, too. Haven't ordered from them in a long time, but just placed an order the other day to try that tart wax. I was hoping maybe they would ship from there instead of Ohio. I am in New Mexico, so it would be closer. Guess I should have asked when I called about the wax. :rolleyes2 The woman who answered didn't seem very friendly at all, though, and seemed bothered by my call. She was short with me and grumpy. :( Oh well, maybe she was just having a bad day. Don't know who she was, but I have called there before and spoke to Loren. He was really nice. Nevertheless, I am excited to try that wax! :)

The grumpy woman must be Loren's mother. She's the type of person who will eventually "grow" on you... like mold. Honestly, I spoke with her a few times and each time it was easier, and when I made the positive comments about their wax.... well, the rest is history, LOL

You may also want to send an email to Loren. You should receive an answer within a day or 2; he's always been very helpful.

I love this wax. It doesn't work with 100% of the FOs, but throws GREAT with the vast majority. I have tested against TN70/30, C-3, 464, 4786, 4627 and others, and still like it best. Please remember, this is my experience with it, and my opinions based on my results. If Loren ever stops selling this wax, I will jump off a cliff:p

I googled The Candlesource for you and it came right up.

http://www.thecandlesource.com/

it's listed exactly where Ravens said it would be. Just follow her directions.

HTH! :)

Thank you IwantItgreen. I Googled it also & it came right up but the fact that it was in Ohio threw me off since Ravens indicated they were in Oregon. I'll check out this link then.

Blessings,

Shirlee in KY

Keep us posted. I use it for candles and tarts. of course, I'm still battling the wicking issue, but as far as tarts go.... love it!:smiley2:

I noticed in the instructions they didn't say what temp they added fo at or poured. Would you mind sharing what works for you?

I add the FO around 170, pour at 150 for tarts.

When I pour for candles I really don't care about the little dip (meaning I don't do repours) because I'm still experimenting with wicks, so looks take on secondary importance for now.

If it helps any, Loren suggests zinc wicks - but of course I have to make my life more miserable so I try every other wick but zincs, then I'll bi*ch and moan.:rolleyes2

When I pour for candles I really don't care about the little dip (meaning I don't do repours) because I'm still experimenting with wicks, so looks take on secondary importance for now.

If it helps any, Loren suggests zinc wicks - but of course I have to make my life more miserable so I try every other wick but zincs, then I'll bi*ch and moan.:rolleyes2

lol, I'm so tired of not being able to wick my jars right, it's been years of off and on playing with them. I have some samples of zincs I'll try them first

Ravens, thanks for the information on the wax from Candlesource. I just ordered from them because I TIRED of working with IG 4794! I have tried everything ya'll have suggested and they only smell for one day! Some only smell for about 4 to 5 hours. It's been frustrating and I was about to give up and decided to give it one more try with a different wax. Thanks for your help! Mary

Ravens, thanks for the information on the wax from Candlesource. I just ordered from them because I TIRED of working with IG 4794! I have tried everything ya'll have suggested and they only smell for one day! Some only smell for about 4 to 5 hours. It's been frustrating and I was about to give up and decided to give it one more try with a different wax. Thanks for your help! Mary

Mary ... you are having better luck with your tart scents than I am. Mine smell great when they've been made & they smell great in the baggies but I get nothing when they're melting. I'm hoping it's because I was using 100% soy. I've ordered some of the parasoy from Candlesource as well per Ravens recommendation & can't wait to try it. I ordered it via the website & paid but never got any kind of response saying it had been shipping or was going to be shipped or there's a delay or anything. I was a bit uncomfortable ordering it because the site said shipping would be added later & I like to know what my shipping is going to be up front. I ordered last week & haven't heard anything so hopefully I will soon.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Shirlee, that is one thing I do not like, not knowing the shipping costs upfront. However, on the website you can choose the shipping method (there are several listed).

I never do get a shipment confirmation; but I receive my wax within a matter of days (can't remember if I get it from Ohio or Oregon - I think it's Ohio.)

With my next order I will also get a few of their candles; never tried them before. Will order some of the scents they sell but that I've never tried. This way I can see for myself how their jar candles perform; will let you know. :smiley2: