Any Atlanta / Georgia Soy Wax Suppliers?

If you can find one there are a couple of us who would like to know! BrittyBea found a place called Georgia Body and Bath (georgiabodyandbath.com) that sells the Ecosoya products. However, they do not allow store pickup, shipping only. Between the price of their wax and shipping, it's actually cheaper to use Candle Science or Lone Star. I use GB464, so it doesn't help me out much. If they had the GB products I was going to call and ask if anything could be done for those of us that are local.

The closest I've found is Alabaster over by Birmingham. Once my stash runs out that our friends picked up at Peaks when they drove this way for the Daytona race, I'm considering running over there. I wish Candle Science was closer...

• 9 months later...

There are threads in a couple of other sections discussing that as well. For the last year/year and a half Alabaster has been out of stock on items more and more. Even posters on the ScentReview, which is sponsored by Alabaster, are asking the same question.

I've read various posts on here the last couple of years about the company. It seems when the Kentucky location was closed the Alabama location started to have problems. Not exactly sure what is going on. I was hoping to use them as a supplier for wax and containers since they are about 3 hours away. But, they always seemd to be out of stock on one thing or another so looked elsewhere.

Yes they went way downhill when they closed the KY store. I'm in KY and the warehouse was about 10 min away from where I work, so I'd run by there in the mornings when I got off and picked up my order(s). I absolutely loved that place and the guy Herb who ran it. He was super nice and I never ever ever had a single issue with anything there. He was the ONLY one who worked at the KY warehouse and I was blown away by the customer service he gave considering he had absolutely no help. He was top notch in my book!!

Once they closed that one down I had to get my stuff from the AL place. I can tell you just about every single order I placed something went wrong... wrong scent sent, broken jars, wrong lids sent, FO's that looked like lightly colored water and had little scent (FO's that I always used so I knew what they looked and smelled like). Then there was the problem of things always being out of stock. The only consistency they have there is that they are consistently out of stock and consistently unreliable. Now I can't say if the AL place was better then this before they shut down KY, but, they surely sucked in my book after they shut KY down. The only thing I use from them anymore is the liquid dyes since those are the only ones I've tested. I'm sure one day I'll have to break down and test some from another supplier b/c who knows when those will be out of stock when I need them or if they end up closing up shop. After the water looking FO's I got I vowed never again. These were FO's I had used many many times and were best sellers for me so they ticked me off pretty good when I wasted money on 2 32 oz bottles of scent that I could do nothing with. Money down the drain :mad:. Sorry OP for long hijack post. :smiley2:

Yes they went way downhill when they closed the KY store. I'm in KY and the warehouse was about 10 min away from where I work, so I'd run by there in the mornings when I got off and picked up my order(s). I absolutely loved that place and the guy Herb who ran it. He was super nice and I never ever ever had a single issue with anything there. He was the ONLY one who worked at the KY warehouse and I was blown away by the customer service he gave considering he had absolutely no help. He was top notch in my book!!

Once they closed that one down I had to get my stuff from the AL place. I can tell you just about every single order I placed something went wrong... wrong scent sent, broken jars, wrong lids sent, FO's that looked like lightly colored water and had little scent (FO's that I always used so I knew what they looked and smelled like). Then there was the problem of things always being out of stock. The only consistency they have there is that they are consistently out of stock and consistently unreliable. Now I can't say if the AL place was better then this before they shut down KY, but, they surely sucked in my book after they shut KY down. The only thing I use from them anymore is the liquid dyes since those are the only ones I've tested. I'm sure one day I'll have to break down and test some from another supplier b/c who knows when those will be out of stock when I need them or if they end up closing up shop. After the water looking FO's I got I vowed never again. These were FO's I had used many many times and were best sellers for me so they ticked me off pretty good when I wasted money on 2 32 oz bottles of scent that I could do nothing with. Money down the drain :mad:. Sorry OP for long hijack post. :smiley2:

Agreed!! I miss Herb, he was a great asset to Alabaster! Haven't order much from them since they closed the Ky location.

Herb was GREAT!!! Miss him alot!! I had no hesitation in letting Todd know that they made a HUGE mistake in shutting down KY, but, he thought he knew better than me... how's that working out for you Todd?? lol Everyone that I know that used KY and had to switch to AL they have lost as customers. I really think they will be outta business before long. Time will tell.

I was on Alabasters forum yesterday and noticed Todd was selling a wax pumper, but, yet he couldn't take the time to post any replies to the questions regarding what's going on there that many have posted questions about. Not what I'd call good customer service when he can post somthing he wants to sell and ignore the many questions his customers or past customers have posted. I don't know how many people will still give them a chance when and if they ever get their $hit together.

Here's my experiences with Aztek.... GREAT!! I actually make about two trips a year there and stock up on wax and jars. There are a handful of FO's of theirs that I have used (still do). I've had nothing but great transactions and customer service from them. They do have a showroom where you can see different things they carry and FO's you can sniff. HTH.

I've had good experiences with Aztec as well. Shipping is reasonable and fast turn-around. They also carry 5lb samples of most of their container waxes, which is nice for testing purposes. Plus, they are the only place I've found that carries my DIL favorite FO, VS Super Model.

When I get to that point, I might need to do the same thing. Take a day trip and stock up on the wax and jars. I think they are less than 3 hours away. At least with the way I drive!!

• 2 months later...