Where should I buy from?

I searched the forums and everyone has a really long list of where they buy from! I've only looked at CandleScience and Peaks, but I'm not sure which one, or either one at all.

We're not sure if we should go the Hobby Lobby route or order online. I think online would be cheaper (we're looking at over 60 dollars for just the basics... is that a lot or is that normal? Wax/wick/pour pot/fragrance/color/stearic/vybar/thermometer)...

Online molds at 4$ is WAY cheaper than the 15$ HL is selling for. (Granted, theirs are probably tin or whatever, but still.)

So if you could, if I were to buy the basics from a website, where should I look? I really like Peaks sample fragrance list...

We only want to order from one website if we do at all. No use stacking up the shipping charges. Local doesn't matter, a shipping charge is a shipping charge (and the ones near us (Tulsa, OK) didn't seem all that great.)

If it's important; we're not doing soy or anything, just trying it out to see if it's something we like doing. We want to use paraffin... Also, we'll be doing pillars and containers mostly. Maybe some votives. Lots of colors and scents.

Anyway... I'm sorry about the long post... I seem to do that a lot, it's got to be annoying! :embarasse

Edited by DelphicScorpion

Hey Delphic, either one of those 2 companies would be some of the best to choose from. You will pay at least twice as much from Hobby Lobby, and the strength is about half of what you will find at either of the above companies. Amish Harvest, Lemon Pound Cake, and French Vanilla Amber are great throwers from Peak. Very Vanilla from CS is my favorite rich vanilla scent. Both companies' customer service is outstanding. Shipping is quick. Peaks may have a slight edge to my area in shipping costs. HTH.

Two of my favorites as well :) Both have great customer service and I havent found a dud oil from them yet, at least out of the ones I have ordered. I order oils from both.. but wax I get from peaks because its closer.. shipping REALLY stings on cases of wax.

I'm headed to peaks in about a month to pick up a bunch of stuff in person, actually, because of the shipping. I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store, no doubt. lol.

Peak was the first supplier I ever used and they continue to be my favorite. Candlescience is a very close second and I still kick myself for not having found them sooner! Both are super quick to ship, customer service is great and like someone said before me, I have yet to find an FO that didn't work for me.

And I also agree that you shouldn't go the craft store route if you're planning to make a good, marketable candle. The quality is usually inferior and the prices are jacked way up so the craft store can make a profit.

You can't go wrong with either supplier. Both have great products, pricing, fast shipping, and customer service. Plus both give you free FO samples with your order.

I tend to buy more from CS because I live in Virginia and they are in N. Carolina so they are much closer to me than Peaks. My shipments get to me within 24-48 hours. Thats unheard of with most suppliers. Plus they have hundred weight discounts on wax so when I order over a hundred pounds of wax I get great shipping rates. About half of my FOs I use are from CS because they have so many good ones.

I like Peaks too because they have such a great selection and their FOs are strong. They also have candle starter kits so you may want to get one of those to get you started.

I think you should see whats best shipping wise as far as rates and ship time to help you with your decision.

I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. There's one in Muskogee that is probably within driving distance, but their website doesn't work right. I might go down there just to look sometime, but otherwise the website was a let down...

Anyway, thanks SO MUCH everyone. This has helped a lot! :yay: