Jump to content

Wicking Tip

Recommended Posts

I know we all want to get that first finished candle when we start candle making but I got a tip that will save you time and money in the long run.

Do your testing for wick sizing with no fragrance and no coloring.

Currently I have 57 frangrances in production in 10 different containers and two waxes in addition to several other waxes tested before going into production.

What I have found is that 90% of the fragrances use the same wick size as the base wax. The other 10% typically need 1 wick size bigger or smaller than the base wax needs.

So if you take the time to figure out the wicking without color or fragrance you'll have it made for most of your fragrances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...