Someone explain the dipped critters to me

topofmurrayhill

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we've gone and done it. I heard some strange noise outside and found my Teddy trying to escape. He thought I wouldn't see him sitting in the tree. I assured him that he won't get dipped........he is way too old for that game....I brought him in next to the fire to warm up.

Can you tell that I am bored? Waiting for wax to melt and wax to cool. Donita

Aaaaawwww..poor little guy..good thing you talked him into coming in, he might have caught a sniffle. Hope you gave him a big mug of hot chocolate and a great big hug. He's probably traumatized for life by this thread.

Good thing for him when you sat him by the fire, that he wasn't dipped in wax! :shocked2:

Dee

Wow, lol, this is a strange topic. Though I can kind of see why people would want this... I always wondered what to do when I couldn't burn candles in my dorm... I sort of did it anyway (shhhh, don't tell!). But I think it's scary to dip a poor defenseless teddy. Someone should dip a Barbie doll. Damn Barbie.

Donita, I'm jealous. All we have here in Williamsburg is cold rain. Yuck :tongue2: When do we get snow?

You sure you want the snow? I just spent an hour clearing my driveway so I could get out without getting stuck. Ugh! Though watching my daughter play in it was pretty fun. She had snow head to toe by the time I was done...hehehehe

Can I play too?? :drool:

When I saw the number of posts on this thread, and saw Top started it all, I knew it was a nutty thread for sure. Stinky Harry probably was dipped in Toenail Fungus FO. How about giving a Cabbage Patch kid a wax bath? If ever a fad doll deserved cement galoshes it was that one. Swimmin' with Top's fishes in the Paraffin River. Somebody stop me! :P

I've seen NO evidence of a fat Barbie here.... :P

She isn't dressed so I thought it would be inappropriate.....LOL.....But here is something that I did several years ago.....I just spotted it in my studio so took a picture. My sister used to make these little fans for refrigerator magnets and sold quite a few. She did the original artwork, then copied it and made the fan. She made super giant ones too. I have one on a ceiling as a lampshade. This one I dipped into scented wax to preserve it and keep it stiff. I thought it was a good idea and it has lasted for several years. Donita

post-248-139458388026_thumb.jpg