My New Workshop

blt212

Wanted to share some pic's of my new workshop :yay:

It's been a long time coming but I finally have a new workshop and I'm loving the additional space and the ability to organize all the stuff...need to still pickup some floor mats to protect the carpet. It was already in the room so we figured we'd leave it for added warmth....

post-8455-139458467376_thumb.jpg

post-8455-139458467381_thumb.jpg

post-8455-139458467385_thumb.jpg

post-8455-139458467388_thumb.jpg

post-8455-139458467392_thumb.jpg

Hi Deb...

Thank you! The countertops are aluminum.....I figured it would be easy cleanup...just melt the wax off with my heatgun. My last counter was plywood and it got pretty messy but smelled awesome

Something that might be cheaper than mats and easy to clean up would be to go to a flooring place and get a remnant of a large piece of linoleum. You would need to anchor it down withd double sided tape but it would protect your carpet and you could scrape the wax off. Also, in my workshop (not nearly as nice as yours, btw) I use those heavy plastic office mats that people put under chairs. They have little things on the bottom that stick into the carpet to keep them in place. Maybe you're neater than me, though.

Deb

Edited by deb426

WOW - super nice and organized. A space to call your own - I'll keep dreaming. Do you mind sharing what the little clips are you have hanging on the candle shelves and where did you find them?

Edited by safetysue

ohh yours is so well organized!! My husband is finally coming off 4 months of night shift so I get my work room back. Every 4 months I have to give it back, and move my shelving back out into my walk in closet. Its a pain in the BUTT... but its the only room in the house far away from our noisy toddlers, and with no windows on the sunny side of the house. I cant wait until someday we move into a 4 bedroom house or a house with a space I can exclusively 24/7 call my own.

Thank you everyone for the nice feedback.....I know what you mean about getting to work in there and messing it up. I made some testers the other day (still working on wicking with Xcel) and it definitely seemed like everything was taking longer as I reached for stuff that was no longer there and wiped up some fo that spilled :cheesy2: As for the shelf tags....they have the scent name on them....so I know what I need to make. I got them at a place online called daydots.com They are a subsid of ECOLAB. The item number is 11206-01-00 and you can also buy the perforated cards to type up the names on your printer and slide it into the tag......

As for the shelf tags....they have the scent name on them....so I know what I need to make. I got them at a place online called daydots.com They are a subsid of ECOLAB. The item number is 11206-01-00 and you can also buy the perforated cards to type up the names on your printer and slide it into the tag......

But if I got those, I wouldn't have the joy of picking up little oil soaked post it notes everywhere :P

Sooo Awesome! I hope to have a nice work space someday, Great Job! I am so happy you posted. I did a seach once looking for ideas, and most people wouldn't post. They said their space was too messy. Candle maker clutter.

Kyme

I think it's good to formulate ideas before working on your ideal space. For example, now I can wash jars and air dry them in the workshop instead of in my kitchen. The cooling shelves are located over the heater which helps the candles cool slower. The 50# wax boxes are on a dolly which I can manever. The oils are stored in the dark cabinet to prolong their shelf life....there's an area for packing and shipping where I can easily find the boxes and packing material. I should have taken a picture of my previous candleroom(s)...supplies were really scattered everywhere. Also anyone looking for the plastic shoeboxes...I found them at the containerstore.com and they're only $1 something each and they stack to gain added space and you can easily see what's inside...

Sure, a play date sounds like fun....seriously can you imagine a bunch of us in one workshop heating and pouring at all different temps with different wax types and different FO's....now that could give you some serious candle nose :D