Pier One - Indigo FO

islandgirl

I have a customer asking for a Pier One Dupe.

He said it was called Indigo?

I am not sure if I am even spelling it right because I can't find the scent anywhere.

Can anyone help me out?

I am not a big Pier One groupie and have no idea.:rolleyes2

TIA...

Imho, it only makes sense, that when suggesting a particular scent from a particular supplier, one should have actually tested the the fo in an application.

Information like hot/cold throw, type of application, kind of wax, percentage used, cure time, etc. makes for a credible recommendation. Just merely stating that a supplier carries the scent, is meaningless to me. What I'm looking for are test results.

For example, if I'm looking for an Apple Pie fo, I already know just about every supplier carries it. However, what I don't know is which supplier's Apple Pie fo throws strong in soy. I give credibility to the opinion of the person who has already tested Apple Pie in soy and will share their findings with me. Of course, I need to do my own testing, but at least I have a valid reference point ... that's what makes sense to me.

Edited by Candlebuddy

That's fair. It's not my intention to upset anyone.

I've tried to stay away from suggesting a particular brand for a common fragrance. I've mostly tried to comment when someone is asking for a unique fragrance that they've had trouble finding and I know of a place that has the unique fragrance.

Do you think this is an acceptable thing to do? If not, I won't post on this forum in the future.

ZacharyDavid, I understand where you're coming from ... and, it's not a problem for me. However, you did post that CMS had good Oatmeal Cookie and Apple Pie fragrance oils. I'm just wondering if this type of post is based on your own personal test results or not.

I see that you're new to the board, and seem to really like CMS ... I've always heard good things about them, I just really wish they had scent descriptions.

The suggestions are not based on personal experience.

I understand where you and IslandGirl are coming from.

In the future, I'll only mention the candlemakers store as a response to posts if it's likely that candlemakers is one of very few suppliers that can provide a solution to the problem. Hopefully that works for everyone. If I continue to see that users of this forum are only interested in answers from people with personal experiences dealing with their problem, then I'll discontinue participation.

I don't want to be thought of as a spammer, and if I am in this forum, I'll gladly stop participating.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can I find it at the Candlemakers store?? LMAO..

(I couldn't help myself...:laugh2:)

ZD I'm pretty sure she was joking about being able to buy it at the CMS. Don't ya think? :tiptoe: I don't think anyone will think you're spamming b/c it seems like almost everyone has given recommendations about where to buy FOs, whether they've tried them or not. So don't worry about it, k? :)

mzpickles, I agree with you, I think islandgirl was joking, but not so sure about promoting CMS. Let the posts speak for themselves ... out of a total of 17 posts, CMS is mentioned in all except for maybe one or two. I also think that most people recommend fo's that they've already tried in their wax ... at least the members I know. I just call it like I see it, and it's my opinion, but hey, everyone has one, right? Oh yeah, definately no worries ... this is suppose to be fun!

Oh.. ZD.. I was joking.. Didn't mean to upset you.. Really.. :cheesy2:

It was all in fun..

But as Candlebuddy mentioned. All your posts prior to my response was telling every to go to CMS.. I found it funny you didn't give me a link to the site!! LOL

Hope this board helps you out and enjoy.. :cheesy2:

Edited by islandgirl

mzpickles, I agree with you, I think islandgirl was joking, but not so sure about promoting CMS. Let the posts speak for themselves ... out of a total of 17 posts, CMS is mentioned in all except for maybe one or two. I also think that most people recommend fo's that they've already tried in their wax ... at least the members I know. I just call it like I see it, and it's my opinion, but hey, everyone has one, right? Oh yeah, definately no worries ... this is suppose to be fun!

Oh, I see now what you and Island Girl meant. Out of ZD's 17 posts. I hadn't caught that trend. Well it could be construed that way, but as a relative newb myself when I first came here I'd only found and tried a few FO suppliers so if I had anything to contribute about a certain scent then I would have been recommending the same suppliers over and over. And since I haven't been making candles for very long I haven't tried that many fos yet, but if I've seen an obscure fo that someone is iso, then I've mentioned where I've seen it (if I can remember!). :) I do usually try to say whether I've used it or not, so the original poster knows they can take my advice or leave it! :grin2:

I gotta say though, I had no idea that there were so many suppliers out there, and so many fos! It's led to a serious addiction on my part. Is there a FOHOs Anonymous I can join?:laugh2:

Edited by mzpickles
egregious spelling error!