For you rag quilters - I have a ?

candlelady

I purchased my sewing machine ~ Brother CS 6000i. Did some test stitches and all is good! :yay:

Purchased a Baby rag quilt kit and have it all layed out how I want it.

I need to still purchase a Mark b Gone pen to mark my "X" on the backing and some thread for sewing it together.

What other supplies will I need in order to continue making these types of quilts?

I've read about a rotary cutter, quilters mat, but what else?

TIA for any info,

Carrie

What is a recommended rotary cutter to use? I see 45mm and 60mm and some smaller ones.

The ones smaller than 45mm I use for cutting curves. Not much difference between the 45 and 60 for straight line cutting. However, the 60 will cut more layers. I can get through 4 layers easily with the 45 but grab the 60 if I have to do 6 layers or more.

HTH

The ones smaller than 45mm I use for cutting curves. Not much difference between the 45 and 60 for straight line cutting. However, the 60 will cut more layers. I can get through 4 layers easily with the 45 but grab the 60 if I have to do 6 layers or more.

HTH

Thanks Judy! That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure.

I'm having fun shopping for quilt "stuff".

Where is a good place to get quilter's thread? I'm rural and Houston/Katy area is about 30-50 miles from me. Have a name of a store? Online store maybe? I've been googling, and no "familiar" names are coming up.

Thanks for any help!

Carrie