Ravens Posted April 1, 2010 Report Share Posted April 1, 2010 And probably got it wrong... Ok, here's what happened. Two days ago I made 2 candles using the Joywax from NG. I used the Libbey tumbler (11oz.) from Lonestar. In one tumbler I used a cotton wick (C 75), and in the other one I have an HTP 83.Last night I tried the one with the cotton wick. Finally, for the first time in all these months I ended up with a candle that smells great!!:yay:It burned beautifully, the scents throw was great, the glass did not overheat at all, and I am soooo very happy. However, I think I did the testing all wrong. For one thing, I think it took close to an hour to achieve a full melt pool, but I'm not sure (mistake #1: I did not check the time). Mistake #2: did not measure the depth of the melt pool, but it was a very thin layer. Mistake #3: It burned over 8 hours straight, and I think I should have done a shorter burn.The jar still has close to 3/4 wax in it. Is it too late for me to do a shorter burn test?Oh, about the wick... the flame was very steady, less than 1/2 inch tall. I did notice that after 8 hours though, it wasn't as "vibrant" as before, so I poured some of the liquid wax out, and the wick came back to life, so to speak. Does that mean I should have used a larger wick?Haven't tried the other candle, the one with the HTP 83. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Nearly forgot, the FO I used was Aspen Forest from Bert's. Thank you all! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.