Has anybody tried this new supplier?

carol k

Very interesting ... I think they're the people who owned Snowtop Candle Supply ... I could be wrong, but the name Jason & Angie Philips sounds familar to me. Check out their newsletter (click the message board link), I think the address is the same too.

Edited by Candlebuddy

Very interesting ... I think they're the people who owned Snowtop Candle Supply ... I could be wrong, but the name Jason & Angie Philips sounds familar to me. Check out their newsletter (click the message board link), I think the address is the same too.

I thought the names sounded familiar, but couldn't place it. It looks like she/they just opened up.

• 2 weeks later...

BOOOOO, Ok that was just the jealousy talking. :P

I only have one supplier here in Ga. They have good FO's and all but they do not sale any other candle making supplies, and they are still to far to drive to. You girls that have suppliers close by are sooo lucky.

On their message board they said they will be adding new FOs monthly. So I am sure they will have other types also. Great to have another Ohio supplier!

I got my samples. I haven't used them in anything yet. They were shipped in plastic jars. They made it ok, I did have a little seepage, so I had green peanuts stuck to a few jars. This is just an oob review so it's not worth much. Here's what I got.

Apple blueberry pie-ok, I hope it pops in wax.

Blue strawberry- I sure hope it smells better in wax.

peppermint cocoa- love this one.

apple raspberry crumble- You can smell all the different parts to it. Not bad.

I got my samples a couple of days ago, and poured most of them yesterday ... Apple Pie, Apple Blueberry Pie, Apple Raspberry Crumble, Prairie Kitchen, Amish Friendship Bread, Coconut Cream Pie.

I'm gonna let them cure for a couple more days and then test burn. Right now the only strong cold throw I'm getting is from Prairie Kitchen ... it smells like almond to my nose ... but they do have to cure a little longer in my wax before I can determine cold throw.

I don't care for the packaging either, I got a little seepage too. The oils were strong oob, but we'll see what happens ... I have high hopes because I know the quality of the Snowtop oils.

I got my samples a couple of days ago, and poured most of them yesterday ... Apple Pie, Apple Blueberry Pie, Apple Raspberry Crumble, Prairie Kitchen, Amish Friendship Bread, Coconut Cream Pie.

I'm gonna let them cure for a couple more days and then test burn. Right now the only strong cold throw I'm getting is from Prairie Kitchen ... it smells like almond to my nose ... but they do have to cure a little longer in my wax before I can determine cold throw.

I don't care for the packaging either, I got a little seepage too. The oils were strong oob, but we'll see what happens ... I have high hopes because I know the quality of the Snowtop oils.

Can't wait to hear your reviews on Prairie Kitchen and Apple Raspberry Crumble. Those sound good!

Edited by Candybee

I'm testing Hot Apple Pie today ... strong cold & hot throw in 6006 at 8% with a 3 day cure. It's a great smelling apple pie ... not too spicy and not too sweet. An awesome blend of spice, apple and pie crust

Soudns good. I have been testing some apple pies. So far I have really enjoyed KY's version.

Still going to order a few samples from them so I'll add this to my cart.

I used to use KY's too, it's great, but had too much spice for me, it reminds me of a spiced apple type, not apple pie. It's very similar, if not identical to the old Snowtop's Baked Apple ... ICS now carries it.

I currently use Homemade Apple Pie from Blue Grass ... I love it and so do customers. Hot Apple Pie from ME Candle Supply really tested well for me, and I think it would be a best seller too.

I also tested Prairie Kitchen and Amish Friendship Bread. Both have strong cold throws after a 3 day cure. The Prairie Kitchen smells like black cherry with a very slight almond note to it, I could also pick up on a bakery note ... it's strong, yet subtle.

I love the Amish Friendship Bread ... it smells awesome. The scent is hard to describe, there's definately vanilla in it, but there's more to it ... it really smells like something delicious is baking in the oven. I lit my test (8oz jelly jar) about 45 mins. ago, took my daughter to school, and when I came back, the house was filled with a wonderful aroma.

Later today, I'll be test burning Strawberry Glaze.