Papaya Mango Tango & Maui Breeze

Marisa

This one was hard to judge just where to cut, as I had to just judge/guess where the embeds I made were in the loaf..Thank goodness I cut pretty much all of them in the right place!:rolleyes2

This is Papaya Mango tango

IMG_4869.jpg

The next one is just a simple one..Maui Breeze (Was supposed to be Water..then a layer of sand and clear sky)

The Scent is actually Hawaiian Hibiscus...really Lovely scent) My Mother in law said it smelled just like the breeze when she was outside looking at the ocean in Maui..Cant wait to go there and find out if this is true!Until then , Ill settle for soap..HA

IMG_4872.jpg

You know Marisa, I was just thinking of trying some CP and maybe HP soap but you have given me a definate inferiority complex. How in the world did you get all those cool little circles?

Do you have a book or something cause you have some really neat designs.

You know Marisa, I was just thinking of trying some CP and maybe HP soap but you have given me a definate inferiority complex. How in the world did you get all those cool little circles?

Do you have a book or something cause you have some really neat designs.

Thanks! You guys are funny..I dont have a book i use, but just whacky thoughts and ideas that pop in my head..lol I should probably get one. Color and Visuals are my thing. I just try to make things that would appeal to me, so Im not sure if these will even sell so we will see.. The Round things are ice cube molds that I cut down to size to fill my mold

Tomorrow I need to CP, but since I have no slab mold with inserts (im horrible at cutting) Ill have to try and think of something..CP is not as creative for me!!lol

Edited by Marisa

Thanks! You guys are funny..I dont have a book i use, but just whacky thoughts and ideas that pop in my head..lol I should probably get one. Color and Visuals are my thing. I just try to make things that would appeal to me, so Im not sure if these will even sell so we will see.. The Round things are ice cube molds that I cut down to size to fill my mold

Tomorrow I need to CP, but since I have no slab mold with inserts (im horrible at cutting) Ill have to try and think of something..CP is not as creative for me!!lol

What kind of soaps are those....not CP??

Hey, If you publish a book I would buy it. You could dedicate it to Candlemama6. LOL

LOL!! I would buy it too and then I would have her sign my copy......

"To CandleMama6. To help ease the fear I have instilled in you for soap making. Love, M!!"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LOL!! I would buy it too and then I would have her sign my copy......

"To CandleMama6. To help ease the fear I have instilled in you for soap making. Love, M!!"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hehe...Ill have to conquer my own fear first!!!l if I EVER wrote a book about anything that would be a miracle, so yea you would get a signed copy for sure!:laugh2:

Those in the Pic are M&P, Ill be making more CP today so im out of M&P Soap..WHAAAA..

So Michelle Get out your soap out,Think Of a lovely /Fun scene in your head ,and then think how to do each design one by one.Thats not much help but thats how I have to do it. I think what can I use to make that shape..etc..

I want to see YOUR pics.. No More Negativity..You can only do what you think you can!!

I always swoon over so many peoples soap and products on here..What an inspiration this site is to me.

Sure Any type of loaf style will do..then line it with freezer paper..Also a drawer Plastic Liners are good to pour into as you can just pop it right out..If you have a joann etc round you they are clearanceing out their 4 cavity soap molds for .97!!

Sure Any type of loaf style will do..then line it with freezer paper..Also a drawer Plastic Liners are good to pour into as you can just pop it right out..If you have a joann etc round you they are clearanceing out their 4 cavity soap molds for .97!!

I am so glad you added the bit about the freezer paper. I have looked everywhere tonight for a silicone pan and no one carries them anymore. I don't have any shelf paper so I will have to get some of that. But it seems like that would stick since one side has the glue on it or am I thinking of the wrong stuff.

There is a JoAnns about 10 minutes from me. I will have to go and see what molds they have. A nice, inexpensive way to start!!

Ok Marisa. You have officially challenged me and I accept your challenge!! I went to the library today and checked out about a doz books on soap making and the likes to study up on. They have some really cool ideas and so now I am determined to make a "funky" looking bar of soap. I know that mine will not be comparible to yours since I am still somewhat clueless, but you have inspired me with all your cool designs.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will but only if you promise not to laugh....not even a little!! :laugh2:

The Most time it takes it just waiting for it to set up as I pour it in layers..But I usually need that time to get my other stuff togther..

Alright Michelle, Im excited to see what you your gonna do. Freezer paper is shiny on one side and the shiny side needs to face the soap. There is a tutorial about lining molds n here Ill try and find the link..Soaping is Fun.

Oh to encourage you I made a batch of 24 bars of CP Rose Petal Soap last night ..with rose clay and petals on top and rose petal FO from Sweet cakes..I couldnt cut it right this morning for nothing cause of the dumb rose petals siding down the soap and indenting it:sad2: So I lost all but 6 bars that are sellable..I dont like rose so wont use it my self. Im so mad at myself.Hate Money down the drain!!! So there you go ..Everyone messes up, and Ive been making soap for years!!lol

Do we get to see a picture of the rose soap to? Despite the ones that didn't come out the way you wanted they Sound very pretty.

Ummm..We may or may not, LOL..Actually I need to clean them up and get my camera out. Im still sad about all the messed up bars. I did go head a curl the bad soaps up for later embeds, so not all is lost I guess.