Has The Heat Wave Affected You Candle Making?

Well the heat hit me last week and I about died. I was dripping more sweat than wax I was pouring. Dh came home and said enough is enough and installed a window air condition in my candle room. Now I'm chilling!!!!!!

I love that man of mine!

I don't think England Ever gets hot weather.

We have friends in England and the few times my husband has gone there and to play golf with our friends the sun shines so bright and the weather warms up, after he leaves it gets hazy again and cool. They want him to come every year so they get heat!! lol

We had almost 2 weeks of 117-120 degree weather. Today, for us it is cool, 104..... hubby closes all the AC vents in the rooms that surround the current candle room so it will blow harder in there for me. I can only pour starting around 10pm and end around 5am. Think I have my days and nights screwed up? :cool:

i iwish it would get hotter over here in the uk

i have to heat my moulds and they are plastic so i thought maybe of getting a little microwave putting mould in there fro like 30 seconds

but i cant do that if it a hot day i melt wax in she then sit outside to pour

Here it's been more the humidity than the heat.... We don't normally have both heat and humidity at the same time in Seattle except for maybe 2-3 weeks in late summer. We've been unusually humid and even my container candles have been developing little pock marks and very weird jump lines that aren't even where they've been topped! The solution has been a garage tent set up indoors with a dehumidifier running.....

I live in Illinois and the past week was a killer! After working all day I was totally zapped ... no energy to make candles. We just got a break in the heat yesterday so hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things soon. Anxious to start pouring my fall and winter fragrances!!

We are supposed to be in for a cooling trend, hovering near 100.

I pour in my garage and it gets really hot out there. Our air conditioner is right outside the garage back door and it is running all the time. If I open that door up, it gets even hotter. After I pour and let it set up for awhile and then bring in the house.

I do like the summer though, can't stand being cold. I don't know how you snow people do it. :eek:

South Central PA here.......... it has been 93 for the past 3 days and the humidity is unbearble! :eek: I have an AC in my candle room .... but trying to keep the moisture down in there is a Biatch! I feel for all of you who are in the 100's! Hope this breaks soon.

Central Virginia here.....it just cooled off today to the mid 80's. It has been 100 and the heat index even higher and so humid that you can see the air...ick. We had a cold front come in last night with scarey lightning driving back with my daughter from Wholefoods....I made candles in the morning when it was cooler. Took the rest of the day off. I have a little A/C unit we bought at Sam's in my studio (the main A/C unit blew it's compressor) we are working with 5 wall and window units and it is almost ok....almost....until it keeps tripping the circuit breaker. I have found that by heating my wax in my large Weck canner and pouring my chunkies, I just poke relief holes and then turn off the heat and refill the next day. I am not keeping and pots of water going on the stove. I made 22 candles in an hour yesterday. (already had the chunks and most of the molds were wicked)....but that really kept the heat out of the house. We have fans in all of the rooms too. I really hate hot weather....I really hate cold weather....I like the upper 70's to low 80' s with no humidity....is that really asking for too much?