Has The Heat Wave Affected You Candle Making?

The last two nights I have tried making more than a dozen candles at a time but with the temps still hovering in the mid 80's and the humidity at 85% still at that time,8:00pm, I have to give up after an hour because I'm so sweaty, I'm afraid I will drip into my own melted wax!! I use a stove in my basement and have the dehumidifier going but still I'm soaked after an hour and have to quit. :mad:

Anybody else having this same problem with the heat and the humidity?

I think the thunderstorms have the humidity even worse, if that's possible.

I'm pouring for another festival in August and store accounts that will be bring in a few fall scents soon. Maybe by mid to late August.

I really hope this breaks soon!

We finally got the thunderstorms last night and some cool weather today. I guess the kids have become too accustomed to the heat because my son was complaining he was cold. Now that it has cooled down for a day or so I am thinking about pouring again. Just got too hot even with the ac to even want to do anything. ;)

87 degrees and its 1:10 am. Just got home from work. It's been too hot to make candles-heats the whole damn house up, then takes all night to cool off. I can't remeber when I last saw 80 degrees in the daytime hours. But then again, I hate cold winters. What's a girl to do? lol :rolleyes:

I work in a brick building where by noon, it's well over 100 degrees in there. I go outside to smoke and get smacked it the face with the humidity. We don't have air conditioning so I go to a local Bob Evans just to drink Ice Tea and cool down prior to going home to an unaircondition house! It hit nearly 100 yesterday afternoon. Boy do I give my sympathy to those in Texas and Arizona.

The fans help a little bit but not for more than a few minutes. And I just got a new Peaks order! :( I'm desprate to pour Mango/Papaya! I've been out for over a month! Just got three pounds!

Today, I have to make deliveries to the stores and instead of bringing the candles to work, I'll go home after work and bring them into town. (I work less than 1 mile from one of the stores and live nearly twenty miles away!) The work place is just too hot for me to risk bringing them in! :rolleyes:

I have candles to send both my secret buddy and a friend in FlA and I can't ship yet!

I hope the back opf this heat breaks soon!

I poured about 20 candles last night, was going to pour some new FO from Peaks, but had to quit because it was do darn hot. Didn't do anything tonight but put some hang tags on the ones that had been tested and didn't do much of that because the room was so hot. We're supposed to get rain (I think ) tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it..can't wait til fall gets here. It's 5 a.m and it's about 87 now, can't imagine what it's gonna be later on the day.

I poured some last night around 10 and some more this morning around 6:30. I have a fan on the floor to help cool me off. My candle room isn't attached to the house so I can open the windows and the door and turn the fan on and at least get a little air flow, however, our house and buildings all have aluminium roofs so it can get warm in their during the day!

Boy Trish I hear ya on evening heat! We took our dog down for a swim at about 5:45 and it was still 105*! I can't remember a July this hot in the 13 years I've lived in Lake County! PHEW! I have to laugh when the Bay Area weatherpeople say we're in for a cooling trend! HA!!! :P

My kitchen is rather small and to keep the presto, stove and oven on makes it rather warm. the only way we have keep cool is to work for a hour and then take a dip in the pool. Even in and out as long as I work in my bathing suit I can stay cool. My jars actually have been comming out with alot less wet spots.

i iwish it would get hotter over here in the uk

i have to heat my moulds and they are plastic so i thought maybe of getting a little microwave putting mould in there fro like 30 seconds

but i cant do that if it a hot day i melt wax in she then sit outside to pour

It has been about 97-101 here and i keep my house at 60 so i have not had to much of a problem. My electric bills suck but my hot flashes suck more. My family is always cold in my house and i am always warm.

I've been pouring for my show this weekend and a fundraiser order and it hasn't effected me. I think I'm the only one! LOL! My shop is in my basement and it stays cool down there year round. Now the upstairs is where its warm! Even with the AC set at 73 it got up to 78 in the house yesterday. Thank God its supposed to cool down this weekend for my show! :D

It's 100 outside right now. Not making anything and it's 78 in the kitchen with the air on. Maybe it'll cool off tonight. I'm out of Ocean Breeze votivea and need to make more for the FM this week end. I know 1 thing. I sure am cranky in this darn heat. LOL