Bubble Bars & Hard Water

Jokerjen

See, I get TONS of bubbles if I help the entire time by swishing....but I am trying to find a recipe that I don't have to do that...most people won't....my water pressure is the WORST!!!

We need to redo our plumbing ..it is OLD!lol

Try the souther soapers recipe...it has two foam boosters in it. Cocamide DEA and Coco....B....??? something else. There is also a Baking Soda derivative that is a water softener. I'll see if I can find the name of it.

Found it:

Sodium Sesquicarbonate

Edited by ah-soy

I pulled this off the video:

1 C Baking Soda

1 C SLSa

1/3 C Cream of Tartar

2 TBS Glycerin

3 TBS Cocamide DEA

3 TBS Coco B... (however it's spelled)

FO and Colorant

On another board a lady posted some pics of hers and said she didn't use the glycerin at all because it made them soggy but didn't say if she increased the other liquids or not.

HTH

Edited by ah-soy

• 3 weeks later...
I pulled this off the video:

1 C Baking Soda

1 C SLSa

1/3 C Cream of Tartar

2 TBS Glycerin

3 TBS Cocamide DEA

3 TBS Coco B... (however it's spelled)

FO and Colorant

On another board a lady posted some pics of hers and said she didn't use the glycerin at all because it made them soggy but didn't say if she increased the other liquids or not.

HTH

I'm gonna try this recipe but I am not using the Cocamide DEA. I did some research on this ingredient and don't like what I found.

I will add more Coco Betaine in place of it or I may add another surf.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessin' it would be me!!!!:grin2:

http://truthinaging.com/ingredients/cocamide-dea/

Safety Measures/Side Effects:

The FDA includes this ingredient, as well as all other fatty acid diethanolamides, on its list of permitted indirect food additives. Many people oppose using this ingredient in cosmetic products because studies on rats have shown that it can lead to the formation of nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic. Research has also demonstrated it to be a mild dermal irritant and sensitizer. However, the CIR Expert Panel has concluded that as long as Cocamide DEA isn’t included in any products containing nitrosating agents, carcinogenic nitrosamines will not form. Furthermore, they’ve determined it as safe to use in rinse-off products, and at concentrations of less than or equal to 10% in leave-on products.

http://greentot.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/cocamide-dea-linked-to-cancer-and-miscarriages/

http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/cosmetics/diethanolamine.htm

Edited by singleyellowrose

lol..I just didn't have the time..between trying to stock the store, fundraisers and my family..I need at LEAST 3 of me!lol

My problem is lack of water pressure and hard water...so if I can get it to work well for me, I know it will be kick @$$ for everyone else!