Help! Having an identity crisis...

jennyjo

Okay, I have finally had it with printing my own labels. Yes, it's cheaper, easier to change products, etc. But, I have a crappy printer and I frustrate easily. I just am not good at designing. So I am going to get some help. Especially since my store opens in 7 weeks and I think I should have a better looking label.

My problem comes with my company image. I currently make square mason candles in both sizes and clamshell tarts. These have a kraft hang tag currently, with a prim look. (crow design) I live in a country farming area so these are popular. Then, I also had some customers who wanted a "non-mason" candle to fit the style of their homes. These are good customers. They spend much money on my candles. So I added the status jars. I went a little more contemporary with these, but never really got a great label. This week I got new packaging for my lotions. They are amber with black pumps. I have been looking at ideas and I just can't seem to find a "style" that fits both types of customers and will all go together in the store. I kinda need to know what I want before I find a label designer. Can I do both styles with the same company? And is there a way to make it all look good together? I feel like I am leaning more towards contemporary designs, but I can't get rid of the masons. Help????

I know what you mean jennyjo.....I am going through the same dilemma. It sure would make it easier to have just one style/label. I wish I could help ya, but I am in the same boat and have been pondering this for at least a year now!:(

In my opinion you can still use kraft labels with the contemporary jars. It creates a more modern "green" look for them, which appeals to many younger folks in the higher income brackets.

You can ditch the crows on those labels and replace them with a simple leaf or stripe.

If you could post pics of your candles, I think that would really help generate ideas.