Attaching wicks and reusing containers

I am wondering the best way to attach a wick to a container so that it is secure but not permanent. I would like to reuse my containers as I test FOs/wicks/waxes, etc. I've just been using my hot glue gun, which seemed to work perfectly -- until I tried to remove an old wick from a container. I can't get the darn thing off.

Do you mean you tried to remove a wick from another container - not yours? I use a glue gun & have never had an issue getting a tab out. I know some who use a God awful silicone caulk that is almost impossible to remove. I have an old ceramic tool (used for cleaning greenware) that makes it very easy to pop a tab up. This isn't exactly like mine, but close - the bottom piece is more curved than the image shows. http://www.misterart.com/g8197/Royal--Langnickel-Large-Cleaning-Tool.htm

Susan.

Another glue gun user here. I use an old butterknife to pop off the wick tab when I want to reuse a jar. It takes a little elbow grease but it can be done. Its the price I pay for having wicks that don't come loose when I pour hot wax in my jars.

My favorite way to remove a tab from a tester is to get out the electric skillet, put about two inches of water in, bring it to a simmer and sit the containers in it. After about ten minutes, hot glue and other adhesives become pliable enough to easily remove the wick tab with a pair of needle nose pliers.

I'm sure there are easier/better ways, but this works for me.

I too use hot glue. When I have wanted to remove the wick stands to reuse like you want to if I can't get them to pop off-I put them in a bit of water in a double boiler and that usually does the trick. You just want it hotter than your poured wax would be-and I agree-atleast I know it has to be super hot to get it to move.