LX30 Test Burn Starburst Palm

I thought since there was testing for different type wicks & results that I would share mine using the LX30.

This is the first burn after 4 hours. I can't tell a lot about the first burn but it looks like this may work. I'm wanting the candle to consume as well. I will post the next few burns & keep you updated on the results.

It seems everyone is interested in test results for the palm wax since they are a totally different animal so to speak :laugh2:

Anyway I hope you guys aren't getting tired of test pics for palm. If so just LMK & I won't post any other results.

Sorry the pic isn't the best.

LX30testburn4hours.jpgpalmpillar.jpg

Side view added not sure why the other photo is showing it yellow guess the way it was taken. I wasn't really going for the pattern affect here just testing but you can see some of the pattern.

Edited by ladysj

I love looking at everyones pics :) I love the color of yours and it looks to be burning great.

Could I please see the side view? Thats the beauty of palm waxes...all the different designs so please post away :)

I have yet to attempt a pillar candle of any kind but the more pics I see the more I'm really wanting to give it a go.

Sorry I forgot to mention that it is a 3". I know when I used a LX30 with the palm from Candle Science it consumed completely but my first attempt with an untabbed unprimed LX30 with this wax from Peaks it didn't consume & eventually blew out.

This is a tabbed wick so we'll see how it goes.

Sorry I forgot to mention that it is a 3". I know when I used a LX30 with the palm from Candle Science it consumed completely but my first attempt with an untabbed unprimed LX30 with this wax from Peaks it didn't consume & eventually blew out.

This is a tabbed wick so we'll see how it goes.

I wonder it's two different kinds of LX 30. Where did you get the spooled one? You could check and see if it's snow white or has a yellowish tinge.

I got the spooled one off of eBay & yes it's solid white.

Regular LX is totally snow white. In the past, LX sizes 24+ that I've gotten from CandleScience have been specially treated for waxes like palm. That version has a slight yellowish tinge, but you probably wouldn't be able to tell once the wax coating is added.

The palm waxes from CS and Peak are the same. It's very possible that the different results you got are due to different wick treatments in the spooled LX versus the wick assembly.