Seems like even more work to me!

Jokerjen

Actually it would probably work great ... except I would want to vary the sizes, because a bomb that big with SLSA will overdo it on the bubbs. I would also not want to make one bomb at a time and I would be wary if that whole thing was made of plastic since FO/EO likes to eat it up like no tomorrow too ... but I like the plunger idea to form the ball and the mixer idea ... If I could only read chinese/japanese/taiwanese ...

LOL...

Yeah those are huge! Mine are 2.5oz, those look like they would be 6, maybe even 7 oz bath bombs! But I can see how it would work.

I looked into buying one of those $500 bath bomb presses... but with the stainless steel balls I use now, its become so much simpler that I cant imagine the hassle of having another piece of machinery around.

here they are... http://www.geekstuff4u.com/banpresto-bath-bomb-maker.html

7cm across! whoa. The machine is $70 on other websites, and looks like its back ordered (or you can pre-order) until April

Edited by LuminousBoutique

LOL...

Mine are 2.5oz, I looked into buying one of those $500 bath bomb presses... but with the stainless steel balls I use now, its become so much simpler that I cant imagine the hassle of having another piece of machinery around.

Stainless Steel? Where'd you get them?

Edited by Carrie

I did a co-op a few weeks ago, they are from ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30081467

On the pull down menu, select the 2" bowl, they are 4.99 for a 4 pack, so two complete molds.. I bought myself a bunch of sets but really I can make 10-20 bath bombs with one mold if I just wipe it clean each time with my thumb real quick. Its been a snap! I've made about 200 bath bombs since I bought them. Kinda changed everything for me because I always had trouble using the plastic molds before, with the steel ones I can use my weight and the counter to really press down hard and compact the bombs, and they pop right out of the mold.

Originally I bought them because my husband was going to build me a bath bomb press just like the expensive one... we figured out that the "press" mechanism is a wine capper, and we bought one online for $30.. but once I started using the bowls I figured it was faster to use those than sit around waiting for DH to make me a press, lol

Yep about once a month, I was thinking about getting some more sets next time I'm down just to have on hand or in case anyone else needed some, I can send you a message when I pick them up if you'd like :)

I would appreciate that, thank you.

I'd love to have some of these bowls, too. Could you add me to the 'notify' list when you get some more??? :embarasse

Yep can do, I have three people who are interested in them so its not a problem. I have to go down there in a bit to pick up my SLS and Citric from CandleMama's Co-op so I'll pop over to Ikea that same day :)

Lush bombs are either 3.1, or 6.1 oz... so with the metal molds, the 3.1's it is comparable, the more you overpack (which may be easier with a press) the closer they get to 3 oz.. most of mine have averaged 2.75though, and to be safe I'm calling them 2.5oz'ers. I may change that after re-weighing them in a few weeks once they've really really had some good dry time on them.

The 6.1's, Lush actually advertises and advises people on their forums to crack in half (using a hammer and screw driver, lol) and use half for each bath.. so I've used that in my advertising, that they are "just right" for one bath and theres no need to crack them in half like the big, wasteful bombs. I would think this machine makes at least a 6oz bomb.. 7cm across is 2.8"... ours are slightly smaller than 2".. doesnt seem like much but without knowing for sure I would guess a 5-6oz bomb for sure out of that machine. Sure wish it said how large they are on the description!