Opinions....

Jokerjen

I wondered the same thing.... I think it might be because the ingredients are clearly stated on signs in the store, and the website, so the customer has been "informed". But that seems like a fine line to walk. I once accidently sent bath bombs out to a customer without slipping in the ingredient slip and I panicked for a week!

I wonder if there is some form of loophole they are exploiting, or if they are just breaking the law in that regard.

Their lotions, liquid soaps, and things like that are labeled.. but the soap, bath bombs, and bubble bars are not.

Soap doesn't have to be labeled unless they're making a claim, but given they use EOs (or claim to), I would think they'd want to label. I just can't get into a product that isn't labeled, including soap. Just don't know what has touched it, but even then, I thought their displays didn't have wrapped soap, but you buy it wrapped? I haven't been in one to know any differently, just thought I read it somewhere.

When you buy something, they put it in a yellow paper bag with their logo and stuff on it...and a printed sticker with the price on it, I believe in the stores they sell it by weight. But I had always though that any Bath & Body product had to be labeled with ingredients.....

My sons g/f had a bubble bar given to her by her sister and I checked it out....

Honestly, I rather NOT have to label bombs..pain in the ass due to the shape...I would rather shrink wrap...

wow and i thought all soaps and bath and body HAD to be labeled. i will still label mine with all the ingredients that way the customers know what exactly is in them for allergy or sensitivity reasons.

Ya know I THINK I read something in the FDA guidleines that talks about mail order cosmetics not having to be labeled on the package, but a flyer with ingredients had to be included. I'm going to see if I can find that page again. Years ago I ordered some Adrian Arpel cosmetics from QVC and none of the containers were labeled, but my shipment had a pamplet with all product ingredients listed.

I assume mail order means items that are shipped from a catalog. Maybe an online business with no hard copy catalog is also considered mail order? I don't know, but I'm going hunting for that info...

Do brick and mortar Lush stores include an ingredient sticker on their bags?

Found it:

http://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/cosmeticlabelinglabelclaims/cosmeticlabelingmanual/ucm126444.htm

The direct mail stuff is near the bottom. I need to study it more...

Edited by ah-soy

Do brick and mortar Lush stores include an ingredient sticker on their bags?

Not the ones I've been to... I've been to a few in Seattle area, and one in Whistler BC. the one in whistler I know I bought soap, lotion, and several bath bombs. The soap was not wrapped, and you paid by the ounce... They wrapped it at the counter, but it didnt have ingredients included. The lotion had the ingredients on the container, and it had to be kept in the fridge, or at least they recommended it. The bath bombs they also wrapped for me but they didnt have ingredients.

For my bath bombs, I just put them in a plastic zip top bag and include a slip of paper with the ingredients because I cant afford to have custom shrink wraps printed... so that COULD work for them, but in my purchase they didnt have ingredients.

The one in seattle, I didnt buy anything... but it was the same way. Unwrapped soaps and unwrapped bath bombs, bubble bars, so on... just sitting out. They have signs with the ingredients sitting with the products, however.

Lush.jpg

lushproducts_460.jpg

lush2.jpg

All show. Very little substance.

I label my stuff, I am still trying to think of how to package my bombs inexpensively, still have them look good and be able to fit a label......I may go with mini frosted chinese takeout containers......

Clear bags with lots of colorful ribbon and your business card inside with ingredients and your name on it. Throw a little crinkle cut paper in the bottom too. Just an idea.

I am sorry to say Jenn here in Canada we have to include every ingredient

in anything that has to do B&B ask me how I know? and they have to be in

some type of French to:)

Jen,

I go to Lush in White Oaks Mall (London, ON) and they drop the product in a yellow bag without an ingredient label.

Susan

I JUST went to LUSH for the first time yesterday just to see what all the hype was about..

and I am left still wondering what all the hype is about..I mean even if I didnt make my own soap I have NO idea what the big idea is about their stuff is..

and their 4oz soap was $9.95..yowzers! made me want to raise my prices :)

but my question about big named stores in general is why is it that it seems as if handmade soapers have to PROVE ourselves to the public on why our products are better yet places like LUSH-mind you most of their display just seemed thrown together and their scents kinda-weird! and they have loyal followers..

why if someone got a bad batch of LUSH stuff-whether its because of scent or product will still go back and buy other stuff yet people quicker to dismiss and small business soaper..drives me nuts!

I am going to London on Monday and will be going to LUSH to check it out and maybe buy a few things for comparison sake.

So I can see & smell first hand!

I want to see how their stuff actually feels, smells & performs.

Maybe I can score some freebies while I am there!:rolleyes2

I went to Lush in NYC at the beginning of February and as I always do I got sucked in and everything was so yummy. I bought at least 10 bath bombs and some soap and a shampoo and conditioner bar and some face soap and scrubs. I spent close to $200 there and I after trying their products I wish I could get ALL my money back as their products are not all that great.....it's all hype for sure. I love their scents and maybe only their bath bombs and shampoo bar were decent but very over priced.

That is exactly what I hear...I have a few that I plan to buy...and then some I just want to smell.....:lipsrseal

I'm telling you now.....don't get sucked in...don't buy anything other than the bath bombs if you have to buy. lol Heed my words.:P

OK, so first off the smell was OVERPOWERING in there..it actually gave me a headache, which is rare.

Honestly, I really wasn't that impressed with much of anything, most of the stuff I thought STANK!!!

I did buy a few things just because I wanted to compare with some dupes I have on the way..and to see how the product actually performs. But can we say OVERPRICED soap...small pieces that most people would send as a sample..maybe twice the size of a sample cost $4.00!!!!:lipsrseal

I find they put too much useless crap in their product that you will just have to pick up off of the floor or your tub.....

I honestly don't see why people go gaga over this stuff.

I have had much better product from people on this board (inlcuding y own!lol:rolleyes2)

I also got a chance to go into Bath & Body Works and the Body Shoppe..again not all that impressed. It's all scents that I have access to and there was nothing overly amazing about any of the products.

I had half a mind to buy a candle or 2 to see how they burn..but decided not to waste my money because I know how well mine burn.

That will probably be the one and only time I ever buy anything from LUSH......unless I have something to dupe and need something to smell!lol