Lavender Help!

aviator girl

Okay I confess I just don't love lavender. A friend of mine really does though so I am trying to find a good one. I have searched the board and have tried the following. Anyone have any feedback on what you really like or does well for you? I think part of my problem is that I just don't love lavender. I think I may just need to mix it with something. I have thought about vanilla, chamomile, lilac and a couple of other things. I think straight lavender has a bit to it that I don't like.

I have tried the following:

BCN lavender

CS lavender (this one might be a good base to mix with)

Lavender type NG- this one is okay although I don't really smell the lavender

lavender fields JBN- haven't put it in wax yet

sockmonkeys lavender vanilla is good. she is on the board here. she also has a lavender honey. and she does buy 2 get 1 free. and they are 10.00 a piece. its one of the best lav/vanilla's ive smelled. the only other place i actually like lav/van from was ng

Okay I confess I just don't love lavender. A friend of mine really does though so I am trying to find a good one. I have searched the board and have tried the following. Anyone have any feedback on what you really like or does well for you? I think part of my problem is that I just don't love lavender. I think I may just need to mix it with something. I have thought about vanilla, chamomile, lilac and a couple of other things. I think straight lavender has a bit to it that I don't like.

One of my favorite Diptyque fragrances has orange, lavender, wood notes and a musky dry down. I've seen a lot of citrus/lavender FOs in my browsings, maybe try that?

I meant to say I think lavender has a "bite" to it. I seem to make so many typos when I post!:laugh2:

Thanks for the feedback. I have actually read good things about sockmonkeys oil. I think I find her in the classifieds right? I haven't been on here quite a month yet so once I am "qualified" I'll have to look her up!

I am the odd one I love Tennessee Candle's Supply True Lavender.

I like to mix Lavender with Lemon or Rosemary EO.

Barbara AL

Lavender and Spearmint

Lavender and Rosemary

Lavender and Peppermint

Lavender and Vanilla

Lavender and Clean Cotton

Lavender and Downy Clean Breeze

Lavender and Chamomile

Lavender and Lemon

Lavender and Orange

Edited by Barbara AL

CS's Lavender Vanilla is gorgeous, light and powdery. I just used it to make favors for a baby shower and it almost does have a baby-powder kind of scent to it.

Aveeno has a body wash that's Lavender and Ylang Ylang, so that might be a mix to try! It smells awesome too.

I would have to second Dee. Sockmonkey's lavender vanilla is really good. I to don't like just strait lavender. It doesn't have a bad smell to me. It just gives me an awful headache. But the lavender and vanilla mix is really nice, and I can smell it all day with out getting a migraine.

Lots of good feedback here. I'll add these to my list to try when I order from the different suppliers!

I'll look sockmonkey up and see about ordering some from her as well.

I love the forbidden pomegranate form DS and plan to test a few of the othes I poured last week tonight so I'll most likely be ordering some more from there in the the next day or two and will have to try the clementine lavender as that sounds really nice!

I've tried a few different Lavender fragrance oils, such as bcn's, MC's, and real Lavender essent. oil, and by far the best smelling lavender is the Manuka Lavender from Elements. It is a lavender and honey scent that is so good, it does great in soywax too. The honey just gives it a warmth that can be lacking in other 'sharp' lavender scents. It doesn't have a flowery smell at all either, its just the perfect lavender honey scent!

I've tried a few different Lavender fragrance oils, such as bcn's, MC's, and real Lavender essent. oil, and by far the best smelling lavender is the Manuka Lavender from Elements. It is a lavender and honey scent that is so good, it does great in soywax too. The honey just gives it a warmth that can be lacking in other 'sharp' lavender scents. It doesn't have a flowery smell at all either, its just the perfect lavender honey scent!

I received a sample of Manuka Lavender last week from Elements. It smells great OOB and cannot wait until I pour it! I use 415 so I hope it does well!

Thanks again for all the replies. I have made notes and plan to add a few samples on to my orders from some of these suppliers.

I am really interested in trying sockmoneky's out but I can't get to her yet as I haven't been here for quite a month yet so maybe someone can help me "find" her. I can't access the classifieds and don't have pm access yet either.

I also want to order the Manuka Lavender from elements to try. It sounds like it might be the best of both worlds for me. I am just seriously kicking myself for not adding it to my order this week. I was that close to doing it. Just to order one little samle doesn't make since. I am sure I'll like some of what I ordered samples of though so I can always order it later.

Edited by aviator girl