Plug-in warmers, will IGI 4794 work in these?

canongirl

I have some plug -in wamers that take a 15wt. light bulb from Bittercreek. I haven't made tarts yet, and I am wondering if IGI 4794 Votive wax will work in these. I use J50 for containers, but I think it is too soft for tarts/melts. I was considering trying IGI 4794 for my tarts. These little warmers get pretty warm, but not sure if they are warm enough to melt 4794 and produce a decent throw. Does anyone use these? If so, which wax do you think works best in them.

Many thanks,

Lisa

I have one of those plug in warmers and add a little container paraffin to my soy PB. Makes excellent tarts. I had 1 square from a clamshell in CS Hansel & Gretel (9%) last over 20 hours in that. Threw like crazy. I have candle nose and I could smell it in 4 rooms of our house.

I haven't answered your question, but suggest you could test it with straight 4794 or add some of your J50 to it. I tried 100% soy PB, but like the blend better for HT. HTH!

Hi,

I actually went with IGI 1230 Straight Paraffin, not sure why, and now wish I hadn't. This stuff is rock hard! Not very attractive either. Almost translucent. I added about 1/4 teaspoon of vybar to a pound of wax. Heated it to 190 degrees, added 6% FO, cooled and poured. Okay, it has awesome CT and awesome HT if using it in a tealight tart warmer. Bad news, I couldn't get the tart to melt in my 15wt. plug-in. I'll still use it for tealight warmers. It's not easy to work with, kind of ugly (I didn't color them), and didn't work in what I had wanted it to. So onto something else. Maybe I'll try adding a little J50 to some. If you try the 4794 with 415 for clamshells, let me know how it does. I will probably try it next, but I have 9 pounds of this stuff to use up first.

I just don't get it. Scentsy can makes a wax that melts in one of these warmers, and I can't figure it out. That's what started this whole thing. I bought a Scentsy warmer and loved it. Then found something like them from BCN. Thought, hey I can make my own, cool. Not so much.

I really don't know what direction to take now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here, but I always use a little J50 and J223 with my other waxes. It gives a Tremendous scent throw and melts great. Shari I think I use the same warmer as you. Just a side note. Candles and supplies is cheaper. 6.50 for one and if you order 12 you get them for 5.50, 144 you get them for 4.50. they are very nice and people love them.

• 3 weeks later...

we use 4794 for are tarts and i get good throw cold or hot. as for warmers we buy them from jd wholesale and get them for like 7 to 8 dollars and they are the combo heats. We retail them for 19.99 and they sell great. Sold about 10 in the first 3 weeks of getting them.