Names for Product Line

jennyjo

I need some help. I have been operating my candle company for 6 years. I have recently started dabbling in the B&B. Here's my question: My business name is Briar Creek Candles, but I don't think that goes well with my new line of products like sugar scrubs, lotion, etc. Can I give this line of products a new name without a fictitious name registration? I would still list Briar Creek as the distributor, but I don't want to operate it as a seperate company. Just want a better, catchier name. I still want something rustic/country sounding. I tried Briar Creek Bath Shoppe, but was not sure I liked that. What am I allowed to do? And any suggestions for names?

Edited by jennyjo
spelling error

I'd just go with Briar Creek Bath.

I've used a different name for a product before. My old company was White Gables Scents. I sold candles...more elegant and contemporary styles. I started making grubby cinnamon bun style electric candles. I called them Country Bunkins. Didn't have any problems/confusions with doing that.

Trudi

Okay, well that simplifies it all. Thanks girls for your input. I will continue to use "Briar Creek Bath Shoppe". Glad I can ask you girls these things. My hubby always makes fun of my names. especially when I rename oils, lol.