Mid-Atlantic Lights & Lather (PA) Gathering

Abbiepql

Hey Scented, glad to hear the good news. The gathering sure wouldn't be the same without you girl!!!! I've offered to do a pick up at Moonworks, so maybe while I'm there I can drag her into the car and take off with her. LOL I'm disappointed she isn't able to join us but I know what it's like when you're raising kids..........your life just isn't your own!!!!!! They have schedules too.

Are you still thinking about trying to come this way? We could probably go in one vehicle, therefore splitting the cost of gas. E-mail me and we'll discuss it.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight hijack - I will be in Philadelphia the following week for a few days doing history tours with my son if anyone lives near the area and can give recs for the area or want to meet (will try)......I wish we could take this gathering in while up there but we do not leave camp in NC until the 17th......have fun!

Trish

email is trishsmecca@yahoo.com so not to continue to hijack thread....:)

Nancy, I'll let you know. I have to sit down and plan this stuff as well as figure out what I've done to my ankle at the moment. I know I had to lengthen my vacation just to have time to get out of Missouri and have a fighting chance of getting to PA.

Quite a few new names registered the last few days - I love to meet new peeps in the industry! How exciting, less than a month and I won't go on and on about the nice donations and door prizes...but there are some really cool things for distribution! Registration ends about 10 days and hotel discount expires in 6 days.

No Birdie...or Angela...they will be missed! I think there are a few others missing from the Freebird crowd...but they have time to register, maybe they are waiting to keep us guessing!l

I don't mind hearing you talk about our generous vendors at all........that just means I have a chance of going home with some of those goodies :yay: I'm still amazed at all the stuff you gave away last year. I don't look forward to the gathering being over and we all go home and have to wait another full year to get together again :sad2:

My aunt lives in Reading ~ only a 4 1/2 hr drive away. So since I'll be in the neighborhood (and my husband is recovering really quickly from his surgery) I just completed my registration!

So expect another new face! Looking forward to matching forum names with faces. Now off to the blog to ask some questions ...

Look on the website and under the category Co-buys/Co-ops and then click on comments after the opening post and Tabatha has listed the details in the second comment. I am working on a way to have the comments open automatically because some that are not used to using blogs are missing alot of information!

We may have to appoint a interim Freebird ringer. Everytime I hear that song now I think of Birdie.

I took all the information from Tabatha's posts and I am crossing my fingers I did not miss anything, I need to get on those sites and see what I need...um...want.

Abbi,

Do I follow the link in your siggie line to all the buys and FSOT or do I need to look somewheres else?

As for BW, please let Connie know when you place the order that "SYR " will be picking it up. I haven't cleared this with her yet as she is on vacation. But it's what we did last year.

Also... ALL BACKWOODS ORDERS MUST BE PLACED BY July 8th. I will be picking up on July 9th.

On the website/blog look to the right column and there is a section called categories, then click on co-ops/co-buys and you will see a "post" under that at the bottom of the post is a link that says "comments" and a number of comments is listed - click on that and if you want to add something - there will be an open place to leave a comment at the bottom, as long as it does not contain links or a URL it will publish immediately - if it has a link I have to approve it - and I will - that is to keep spamers out.

I'm passing by Candle Science on the way up and can bring your orders to the gathering. You should be able to read the posted details in the Co-op/Co-Buy page of the blog/website once the post is moderated.

Until then here's the basic info so you can start your wish lists ... FO, additives, equipment is fine. Please contact me (PM here or email addy on the Lights&Lather blog) before you order wax. Order deadline is July 13th. CS has to charge sales tax on pickup orders unless you have a North Carolina tax ID.

See you soon! Judy

I'm passing by Candle Science on the way up and can bring your orders to the gathering. You should be able to read the posted details in the Co-op/Co-Buy page of the blog/website once the post is moderated.

Until then here's the basic info so you can start your wish lists ... FO, additives, equipment is fine. Please contact me (PM here or email addy on the Lights&Lather blog) before you order wax. Order deadline is July 13th. CS has to charge sales tax on pickup orders unless you have a North Carolina tax ID.

See you soon! Judy

This Gathering is gonna be SOOOooooooo $$$$ for me! :laugh2:

But...add up the shipping you are saving and how it nice it is to get it all at one time. I have been saving up for ordering - so far I am saving over $50 and I am not done planning yet. Of course there is the cost of the gathering, but that is a "not to be missed fun event" and totally tax deductible for me (I am not a tax professional). I am so psyched that we have so many willing to do pick ups - awesome deal and very nice of them to volunteer.

See you soon! Judy

Uh oh ... so what if I have a Kansas tax ID number lol ... can I place an order for pick up and you just pretend you're me?

I have to stop looking at this section because I simply have NO ROOM! But I have a lot of wants ... sigh.