Mid-Atlantic Lights & Lather (PA) Gathering

Abbiepql

Jacqui there are a few of us coming from more than 6 hours away. Hope you will decide to make the trip. It is loads of fun! Informative and a great networking weekend! I promise I won't steal your gift unless it was made by Birdie ... then we might have to negotiate lol.

She's lying... :tiptoe: she'll steal it!:laugh2:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you might want to have a decoy if you draw Birdie's creations - or that is my plan!

We wrap between 4-5. We have had some leave early last year due to flights, or drives - understandable. If you left at 5 you would still be home before it's too too late.

Yeah...6 hours is not too long considering we have guests from as far away as the Virgin Islands! LOL But I know what you mean, that is a drive - it's the same distance for me to drive home, but like you said it's much more doable with two and goes by a lot quicker too.

Vacancy wise we are over 50% capacity...but saying that I have quite a few "I will be there" in my emails that have not registered and will most likely wait until the last minute...but I will let everyone know if it gets really close.

For the record, I don't steal.

Tab just had no option once she pulled out that hat. I very legally relieved her of it. :P

And you will want to stay Saturday night, really you will. That's when the freebirdin' starts.

Edited by Scented

Thank you!

We're still kinda debating. It's over a six-hour drive for us but we figured shared between two will make it more affordable. I definitely want to be there for the Friday night meet and greet but Saturday we'll probably hit the road back to NY. We live 20 minutes from the PA border (Pike County) but of course you guys have to be all the way on the other side of the state.

I just have a few more questions: How long is the Saturday event? About what time should it end?

How close are you to filling up? I don't want to wait too long to register and it be too late.

I love Yankee swaps. Will this one have the option of stealing?

Girl you have to come! Not only is the meeting very informative but the networking is the best!

I live in Upstate NY (Steuben Co) about 20 min from the PA border and it takes me about 5 1/2 hrs to get there.

If you are into herbs, infusions and things like that you will definitly want to be there on Saturday as we have a wonderful speaker lined up. The meet & greet on friday night will be fun also. The Yankee swap is a blast. We are also thinking of doing some mini exclusive item swaps...so I know you will want to be in on that since you make fabulous hand creme!!!!

We do have fun, but we also learn and teach new things to the participants. So, get your butt to Pittsburgh!...especially if you can sing Karaoke with us!!!

Edited by Kimberly

**SPOILER**

Those ladies can literally sing so if you are thinking that you are going to listen to karoke and laugh - it's not happening! They are great and just for the record it was a let down that they were so good - but then there were some other peeps there that were pretty funny, tying to rap - I guess that made up for it. Oh and they don't do requests!

**SPOILER**

Those ladies can literally sing so if you are thinking that you are going to listen to karoke and laugh - it's not happening! They are great and just for the record it was a let down that they were so good - but then there were some other peeps there that were pretty funny, tying to rap - I guess that made up for it. Oh and they don't do requests!

Awww Abbie, Thanks! You know how much I LOVE to sing!

ok bad news, my local chemical supplier has just informed me that there is a new big minimum of $500 to order from the supplier where he buys the lye and the citric. Unless I can meet the minimum (maybe half, depending on when so that he will go in with me) I can't place the order to get the lye and citric. Because the minimum is so big he didn't even get me a price on the citric. I pressed him to get the price for me to see if we could come close to making the minimum or even half if he would split with me. more later.....

Hey, stuff happens...we appreciate you working on this. One of our guests wrote me that there is a lye supplier near where we have the gathering. If things don´t work out the way you want, there may be another option?

Well it's official. We're going!:yay:

I just paid registration for 2. Pauline's going to book the hotel room. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

I can't wait for July to get here.

Now I just need to know about what time we need arrive by on Friday for the meet & greet.

Cheers,

Jacqui

Edited by JacquiO

I got your registrations!

Friday night activities start at 7PM, Kim is in charge of those activities...she is out of town this week, but i am sure she will verify the time when she returns!

July will be here before we know it!

We usually do Most Original product and Best Dressed product contests, using the products you bring for the gathering swap, so there may be information listed in the gathering swap section. We will post more details as we get information back from our suppliers as their contributions are the prizes!

Scented-So is it confirmed you are going to drive here? Man that is a longggg drive

Yes ma'am, I am, but see that allows me to stop at WSP or Columbus foods to pick up anything should I be in need type of thing and road trippin' is better than oh ... paying for every minute thing I bring on an airplane or the hassle of running across airports to try to make a flight only to arrive out of breath and waiting because it has been delayed lol. Besides, new car. Chance to take in more than an aerial view. Yes? No?

There's a possibility my mind may get changed, but ... I think I will be able to stop along the way, meet up with Nancy too.

Yea... the ability to pick up supplies when you don't have them locally is worth the road trip for sure - especially for heavy stuff, that is why we love Tabatha so much for picking stuff up for us! ;)

I flew so much in my previous work life I figure if I don't HAVE to know - I won't. I prefer to drive even if I have to make frequent stops.